So, recently I’ve been thinking about getting some sort of messenger bag to keep some stuff in. Let the jokes begin. I know I have made fun of the vaunted murse before. Hipsters everywhere would have admonished my belittling of their manbags.
I just have too much stuff in my pockets. Here’s an inventory for you right now…
I’ve also been carrying around my leather coat that’s like my own personal medicine cabinet. It’s too hot to be carrying around a leather jacket, and the stuff is too bulky for hoodie pockets. (It’ll be too hot to wear those soon, too.) It usually has…
- Daily stomach medicine
- “Calm down if I need it” medicine
And right now some…
This is clearly getting out of hand. I’m not sure what to do, but I need to do something. There’s an old Dennis the Menace cartoon (or the TV show or a movie) where he empties his pockets and it’s a never-ending pile of stuff. I feel like that, without the slingshot or overalls.
I joked with my wife one night that I needed a purse to keep all my stuff in. Then I kept thinking that it might not be a bad idea to get a bookbag or something. I have a nice backpack for the laptop… but I don’t have the need to carry the laptop anywhere daily.
I feel like if I had a backpack, I’d be obligated to fill it with stuff. I could fill a messenger bag with a bunch of stuff easily. A multi-tool, an mp3 player, maybe a tablet & more pens.
I could get a small one, like Indiana Jones. I fear I’d look more like Alan from The Hangover. Big? Small? Leather? Suede? Canvas? Nylon? Patches? No Patches? (I could go the safety-pin, 1″ button, patch route.) So many decisions.
My wife, Bethany, seems to think I won’t carry it, might lose it, or that the infatuation would quickly wear off. Maybe she just doesn’t want a husband that carries a purse?
What do you think?
- Turn Any Messenger Bag or Briefcase into a Backpack in an Instant [Macgyver Tips] (lifehacker.com)
- QWSTION Courier Messenger Bag (selectism.com)
- Bagster Messenger Bag (luckyrider.wordpress.com)
- How To Buy: Messenger Bags (brunoberry.wordpress.com)
- The Manbag Trends! (passionistahub.wordpress.com)
- Will Tablet sales in India push the sales of Murse, men purse? (mahesh.com)
- Men’s Fashion PSA: Murse and Mewelery be Gone! (fashables.com)
- The Man Purse: How Do You Feel? (thegloss.com)
- My approach to the “prepper” mentality (tinkererstoolchest.wordpress.com)
- JILL PERTLER | It’s not a briefcase, it’s a murse (kitsapsun.com)
- Waterfield Announces the Indy Bag for the New iPad (geardiary.com)
- TOP ALERT: Men Are Binging On Purses, Bracelets, And Umbrellas… For Themselves (businessinsider.com)
- The Everyday Bags (esquire.com)
- Mantyhose Sweeping the Nation, Hosiery Manufacturers Report (inquisitr.com)