It’s happening again. I still say it’s a fail of smart phones & tablet PC‘s in their navigation of the internet. At least I hope that’s the problem. It could just be that some people are really not that bright. Maybe it’s a reading comprehension problem. They see a post about McDonald’s & complaints and they hit “contact” thinking they’re somehow contacting McDonald’s, blissfully unaware that the url in the address bar is http://aixelsyd13.wordpress.com/contact/ and has nothing to do with McDonald’s. I’m guessing that this is thanks to Google sending everyone who searches “McDonald’s” & “email” or “complaint” to me. Maybe the magic words are “McDonald’s” & “Contact”?
Actually, my incredible WordPress site stats show me most of the search terms that people used to land on my blog today. The culprits are most likely…
- firstname.lastname@example.org (3 searches)
- email@example.com (1 search)
- mcdonalds food tv advertisement (1 search)
- mcdonalds hand washing procedures (2 searches)
As you’re reading this, can you say it with me? Seriously, out loud. Ignore the people around you as they look at you like you’re crazy. Take a deep breath. Say it with me:
Eric Carroll (a.k.a. ERiC AiXeLsyD, a.k.a. Waldo Lunar, a.k.a. Bronco Jalapeño) is not McDonald’s. He does not work for McDonald’s. Emails sent through the contact form at aixelsyd13.wordpress.com will not reach McDonald’s. If I contact World (and Lunar) Domination inexplicably thinking that it is somehow related to McDonald’s (or Kmart), I will be publicly ridiculed on the internet.
I may have to put that on my contact page. I’m guessing you won’t read it anyway if you’re crazy enough to send me an email without really reading anything else on my page.
If the stuff was coming right to my email address, I could almost understand it. But, this is being typed into (or cut & pasted into) the contact form at my site… which looks like nothing related to anything on any McDonald’s website. This most recent one is different in that this McDonald’s is apparently delinquent on a payment to a company that cleaned out their most likely disgusting dirty fryer. This is much more serious than a simple screwed-up order or ignorant employee. I’ll share it with you…
From: Jane Farrell <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Sent: Wednesday, May 2, 2012 3:08 PM
Subject: W(aL)D Feedback
Name: Jane Farrell
Message / Comment: I sent you a message about Mcdonalds#14518 located at 1101 East Tremont Ave. in the Bronx, N.Y. We went there to repair their frymaster fryer and they refuse to pay us. You sent me a email on 4/4/12 Ref#8770056 that you would send my letter to the regional office in my area. I haven’t been paid as of yet. I would appreciate it, if you could let me know if the store was contacted. Thank You so much, I do appreciate any help in getting this paid.
Jane Farrell, Malachy Mechanical
How’d you find my blog?:
Time: Wednesday May 2, 2012 at 3:07 pm
IP Address: ##.###.###.##
Contact Form :http://aixelsyd13.wordpress.com/contact/
Sent by an unverified visitor to your site.
Insanity. I had to write back, didn’t I? Yes. Yes, I did. I even decided to offer some help to Jane in perhaps contacting the right person or people on the matter.
From: Waldo Lunar <email@example.com>
Cc: McDonalds.CustomerCare@us.mcd.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org
Sent: Thursday, May 3, 2012
Subject: Re: W(aL)D Feedback [Sorry, I'm not McDonald's.]
Unfortunately you’re mistaken, as you did not contact me earlier. I am not McDonald’s. I have simply blogged about McDonald’s & my interactions (or attempted interactions) with them. For some odd reason, people keep landing on my website and contacting me, thinking that I am McDonald’s. I assure you, I am not McDonald’s. I don’t work for McDonald’s. I don’t represent McDonald’s. I can’t speak for McDonald’s. I certainly can’t pay their bills. I do sympathize with you though, as McDonald’s apparent ineptitude knows no bounds. I am a blogger who makes light of their insanity with my own. If you would like to follow my journey, please see the following blog posts. They will help to prove & reinforce that I am not McDonald’s, and perhaps bring to light your own error in using my contact form instead of reaching out again to McDonald’s.
- I AM NOT McDONALD’S - Like you, Harmony, Shirley, Amber, & Jeffrey mistook me for McDonald’s. This post also links to my earlier correspondence with McDonald’s in case you are interested, as well as valid alternatives to actually contact McDonald’s instead of me, because I am not McDonald’s.
- I’m still not McDonald’s. - I inform Harmony, Shirley, and Amber that I’m not McDonald’s. Harmony remains unconvinced. I unintentionally angered local McManager, Scott Kausky.
- OK, maybe I am McDonald’s? – Harmony’s husband steps in to assure me that I am indeed McDonald’s, even though though I am clearly not. Mr. Kausky calms down. I create some graphics proving that I am indeed not McDonald’s, & I share a McAdventure.
- s,pןɐuopɔɯ ʇou ɯɐ ı - Really. I laid it all out one last time for Harmony & her McHusband. They never responded after this. Perhaps they finally got the message? I disclose more McDonald’s contact options, as I am not McDonald’s and contacting me does nothing but further amusement for myself & my readers.
- McConsistency is Key. – Apparently despite all the other blog posts, I’m still the place to go to complain about McDonald’s.
A bonus post, somewhat related:
- My guest post on Ya Jagoff!!! | Who Designed The Fast Food Drive Thru? Here I point out the insanity of their request to have my order ready before I can even see a menu.
A super-special extra bonus post:
- I’m not Kmart. – While I’m not McDonald’s, I’m also not Kmart. Perhaps McDonald’s customers & Kmart shoppers are the same demographic?
Perhaps you’re not interested in my blogs, but in exchange for you taking the time to read them I am prepared to help you in your plight for payment. I have researched several ways for you to contact McDonald’s, none of which are the contact form located at my website. Let us go through them together:
- Perhaps you should reply to the email Ref#8770056. I don’t know what the reply-to address is, because I am not McDonald’s. I didn’t have anything to do with receiving or generating anything in that email chain. Instead of replying to this email, you used my contact form.
- You could try to Tweet at the McDoanld’s Twitter Team.
- http://www.mcnewyork.com/14518 Is their page, it has limited contact information, no contact form or email address. You can call them at (718) 824-4123 but I suppose that you have already tried that. You could use their Apply Online form to apply for a job & try to collect once you go in for an interview.
- I see from your email address that you work at Malachy Mechanical, perhaps you have some rather large intimidating men that work for you? You could send them over with large wrenches to look intimidating & collect payment. The address is 1101 East Tremont Avenue, Bronx, NY 10460 and they have terrible reviews on Google.
- Try the McDonald’s Facebook page.
- The McDonald’s website has a Restaurant Feedback form that you might try, instead of my contact form.
- You could try McSucks.com and McDonaldsSucks.com to voice your concerns?
- You could try to email McDonalds.CustomerCare@us.mcd.com or email@example.com, neither of which are me.
- I believe (630) 623-3000 & (800) 244-6227 are the phone numbers for corporate, and not me.
- Looking at the syntax of other emails, firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com may be valid email addresses.
- A Google search of “@us.stores.mcd.com” & “New York” has also brought up these possible helpful McEmployees, none of which are me: Erin.firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, JOANNE.GIRARDI@US.STORES.MCD.COM, HUBLER@US.STORES.MCD.COM, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
- You could try the people I’ve dealt with, but it may anger them. I’ll let you dig their contact information out of my blog posts if that’s the route you’re going to take.
I hope that I have been able to provide some clarity, amusement, and even some actual help today (even though I am not McDonald’s). Good luck in your quest, this is most certainly more annoying than the usual lack of ketchup packets or pattyless burger! Have a nice day.
I am not McDonald’s,
World (and Lunar) Domination
Do you think she’ll write back?
- World’s Largest McDonald’s Part of London Olympics (inquisitr.com)
- Pretzelnator, A Crowd-Sourced Burger Available at McDonald’s Germany (laughingsquid.com)
- World’s biggest McDonald’s being built for London Olympics (mnn.com)
- Iconography of the U.S. (kcampbell985.wordpress.com)
- Rock Hill McDonald’s Has a Flasher (kiss951.cbslocal.com)
- A Mummy Made From McDonald’s Burgers (neatorama.com)
- What If You Made A Mummy Out Of McDonalds? (buzzfeed.com)
- Cow Makes a Stop at a McDonald’s Drive-Thru (fox8.com)
- Disgusting: Mummy Made From Ground-Up McDonald’s (geekologie.com)
- UK Doctor Claims McDonalds Causes Obesity (pobeptsworld.wordpress.com)
- Revamped Happy Meal still brings frowns from nutritionists (calgaryherald.com)
- Feast Your Eyes on the Pretzelnator, the First Crowdsourced Burger at McDonald’s (adweek.com)
- Is P&G About To Fire Its CEO Robert McDonald? (247wallst.com)
- Survivor Producer Mark Burnett To Launch McDonalds TV Channel (celebritynetworth.com)
- Secret of Making McDonald’s French Fries Revealed (neatorama.com)
- Man charged with felony for allegedly stealing $1 McDonald’s soft drink (bazaardaily.com)
- Tundra Specialties Makes Hundreds Of New Parts Available To Food Service Customers (prweb.com)
- Can McDonald’s Turn Its Twitter #McFail Around? (triplepundit.com)
- McDonalds McDStories (socialandysjsu.wordpress.com)
- Woman Sues McDonalds For Turning Her Into A Prostitute (inquisitr.com)
- I’m Sorry If I Offended You McDonalds (jodistone.wordpress.com)
- McDonald’s Minor Misstep (theprbuzz.wordpress.com)
- Market Research: McDonald’s Customers Aren’t Lovin’ Their Food Quality (blisstree.com)
- Driver passes out at McDonald’s (thesudburystar.com)
- Huh? Woman Sues McDonald’s For Driving Her To Prostitution (clutchmagonline.com)
- #McFail? McDonald’s Twitter campaign gets hijacked (usatoday.com)
- McFail? McDonald’s Twitter campaign gets hijacked (nextlevelofnews.com)
- #McFail: Why McDonald’s Should Have Followed the ABC’s of Responding to Negative Feedback on Social Media (socialmediatoday.com)
- McDonald’s sets itself up for a new social media fail (grist.org)