None can argue with the awesomeness of local celebrity, WATE-TV‘s own Sally Wiggin. If you do argue, I’ll fight you. Sally is awesome, in fact… she’s so awesome, that her hair has it’s own Twitter account. You can find Sally on Wikipedia, Twitter, & Facebook (a few times). (There’s even a page called “Sally Wiggin Out” on Facebook.) She’s a phenomenon.
Since Andrew Stockey is on Facebook all the time (he’s on Twitter too) , I was feeling goofy & decided to try & goad him into making a donation to the Pittsburgh Food Allergy Walk by invoking the name Sally Wiggin, as she’s the “Local Honorary Media Chair”…
Somehow, Sally must have interpreted this as me asking her personally for a donation, as this appeared on my wall a few days later…
And she did! You can see that Sarah Wiggin has generally made a contribution to my food allergy walk donation page: http://wwwofoodallergywalk.org/aixelsyd13
I’m not far from getting my name in the “top fundraisers” list on the Pittsburgh walk page. Those people are still getting donations too… so keep ‘em coming!
This post is to celebrate the generosity of Sally Wiggin, and to try and get other local celebrities and organizations to step up & donate… for a chance to be awesome like Sally. (I have also received some initial contact from Chick-fil-A, Qdoba, & Giant Eagle… though no donations as of yet.)
You can also donate to my wife, Bethany… she’s not quite as “aggressive” as I am in collecting donations. You can listen to this while you dig out your credit card…
- Food Allergy Walk Pittsburgh – Sept. 18th, 2011! (aixelsyd13.wordpress.com)
- Sponsor me for FAAN’s Pittsburgh Food Allergy Walk 2011? (aixelsyd13.wordpress.com)
- OK, sponsor me or Bethany for the 2011 Food Allergy Walk in Pittsburgh! (aixelsyd13.wordpress.com)
- This won’t REALLY kill you, will it? Let’s see… (aixelsyd13.wordpress.com)
- The Story Of That Girl, The One I Almost Killed (via Blurt) (aixelsyd13.wordpress.com)