Okay. You just found out that you’re secretly related to Oprah, and since she knows you’re a huge music fan… she’s letting you put together the concert of all concerts to celebrate. Since you have Oprah money, you pretty much have no limit there, but you are limited to bands that are alive and actively together, or that you believe could be reasonably brought back together with a little grea$ing of the wheels. Example… you’re probably not going to get Guns N’ Roses’ Appetite or (even the Illusions tour) lineup to get on stage together… but you probably could get Steven Tyler & Joe Perry in the same room.
Put together the whole thing…
- The Venue: A small club? A stadium or amphitheater? Your living room?
- The Run: Is it a one-night-only deal, or is this a 3-day festival?
- The Name: Every killer show has to have a killer title. No “w00t-stock”, please.
- The Bands: Who’s playing & in what order? Bonus points for linking to ‘em.
- Added Insanity: Want a 20 minute drum solo with Neil Peart & Lars Ulrich? Want an unplugged duet with Danzig & Shakira? Want GWAR to disembowel you on the stage? A guitar battle between Eric Clapton and Slash? Want all the bands to do nothing but Black Sabbath covers? Can’t hurt to throw the idea out there!
- Micro-Manage: If you really want to get nuts, what do you want to see in each performer’s setlist? Either highlights or the whole thing.
I’ll think about mine while you post yours in the comments below, and in a few days or so I’ll revisit the whole idea in another blog post. Links to bands’ websites, videos, and music strongly encouraged!