Image by nickstone333 via Flickr
Star Wars Blu-rays released today! Woo! I pre-ordered from Amazon with slow-boat shipping. What agony I will be in until they arrive, but it’s a good agony. (If there is such a thing.)
This is amusing:
- Five Stages of Star Wars Revisionism Fan Grief
Of all the changes that everyone is offended by the most, I feel angered at the loss of the original Ewok Celebration song (a.k.a. “Yub Nub”), and with the insertion of the horrible alien funk number in Jedi.
The originals were timeless, the new ones are terrible. I’m surprised the nav/targeting screen graphics in all the ships haven’t been redone. I can’t wait to watch these movies yet again, no matter if I’ll be grumbling or not… and I’m really looking forward to all the onus stuff, and hopefully some sweet Easter Eggs.
Posted in Funny Stuff, Movies & TV, Star Wars
Tagged 1977, Benjamin R. Freed, Blu-ray, Blu-ray Disc, bluray, City Paper, Computer-generated imagery, Darth Vader, Episodes I-VI, Ewok Celebration, George Lucas, Jedi, Sith, Star Wars, Star Wars: The Complete Saga, Storm Trooper, Stormtrooper, The Complete Saga, Washington
Bravo, I say.
via Makya Mcbee Vs.
Posted in Consumer Advocacy, Fast Food Fail, Funny Stuff, Other Blogs, Rants in my pants
Tagged Bets Buy, Burger King, civilization, cutting in line, line, line cutting, line jumping, Makya Mcbee, McDonald's, Sheetz, The Bank, vs., Washington, Wendy's
Image by StartTheDay via Flickr
Well, I’m sure everyone does to a certain extent. I hate them for the obvious reasons of comfort/germs/privacy just like (I’d imagine) everyone else. I mean, everyone would rather do business on their own throne & all alone, am I right?
I hate public facilities for other reasons that are somehow more annoying than the obvious…
- They’re never stocked properly. Okay, I guess this one’s obvious. Sorry. Perhaps I should also say “rarely” instead of “never”, but I’m ranting here. If something’s not out completely, the dispenser is jammed which is worse because it’s there but you can’t get to it. Soap? Toilet paper? Hand towels? Who needs ‘em, right?
- TP Quality. If I can see through it and have to go bad enough that I’m actually pooping in a public bathroom, you can guarantee that I’m going to wad it so much that you should have just bought the better stuff anyway.
- The “hey we cleaned it 10 min. ago” sign-in sheets. Yeah, “cleaned”.
- Sink design. There seem to be a lot of sink designers out there that have never actually washed their hands. When the faucet hangs about 2 inches over a sink basin with a large slope… my knuckles are hitting porcelain and my palms remain dry until I pull some contortionist-like moves that should probably get me into the Olympics. Did no one think about that when the bathrooms were being built or remodeled? No one has tried the sink out, regardless of the inevitable “Employees Must Wash Hands” sign? Perhaps I am doing it wrong. Is there a secret? If there is a better way, I am but your humble student.
- Water. It’s never quite right, is it? Scalding, freezing… a minor inconvenience I guess. Most public sinks that I encounter have the all-on-splash-my-shirt setting and the just-above-a-drip setting with not much in between. I’ll also mention the “oh no I leaned on the counter and it looks like I peed my pants” moment here. The auto-sinks at Walmart stores feel like there’s a tiny elf with an eyedropper in there just waiting to wash your hands.
- Foam soap is just terrible. Quit it already. I’m over it, and you should be too. It dissipates so quickly & leaves my hands feeling either not clean at all at best or almost sticky at worst. The watered-down liquid soap that was used regularly well into the late 90′s and early 00′s is just fine.
- Technology isn’t your friend. I’m the last person to run a tirade against technology. But sometimes, the more there is to it, the more there is to go wrong.
- The auto-flush toilet was probably the first to appear. While noble, I have perfected my boot-flush and elbow-flush techniques… so I don’t need it, even if it does work. Everyone’s heard the tale of someone who was auto-flushed upon amid doing business on the john. No one wants to be the victim there, right? Especially of the ones that look like a mini hurricane in a bowl.
- The Hand Dryer. I believe the correct ratio is 1 out of every 3 hand dryers (hot or cool) actually functions. I haven’t done any studies, and I’m not sure if this is the factory QC acceptance level, but it seems about right. I’m saying 1 out of 5 for the no-button auto kind. You can quote me on this.
- The hands-free paper towel dispenser. Jammed, not working, empty, gives a 3″ square or enough to dry 1 finger… then takes 10 minutes to give you enough for the next finger. So much here to go wrong.
- The hands-free soap dispenser. There’s no soap in it, because it’s all on the floor. Or, if it’s an in-sink unit, there’s always a bottle of Softsoap or Dial there because the in sink unit is always empty or broken.
- The hands-free sink. See my previous comment about elves & eye droppers. It also helps if the elf isn’t sleeping.
- Pfft. The auto your-ass-stinks dispensers make it smell like poop and flowers. That helps.
- What’s next? Someday there will be butt-wiping robots or poo-burning laser beams. I’d like to go on record now as voting against this.
- The pee trough. These are rare nowadays, thank goodness.
- The Surprise. Unfortunately you know what I’m talking about. Stop it, people.
- The trash can. Full or overflowing? Yes. The in-sink or in-wall ones are a joke.
- The multi-tasker. I don’t want to hear you on your phone while you’re pooping. The person on the other end doesn’t want to talk to you while you’re pooping. I don’t want to talk to you while I’m pooping. Phones and pooping do not mix.
- The dweller. What’s with people that just hang out in restrooms? What are you doing besides making me nervous? If you’re not using the facilities or freshening up… get out.
What did I miss? I’m sure something in public restrooms annoys you too. What is it? Am I wrong with any of the above statements? Have any horror stories? Hit me with comments…
Posted in Consumer Advocacy, Funny Stuff, Life, Rants in my pants
Tagged ass, auto-flush, automatic, barthroom, basin, bathroom, bowl, bum, bunghole, business, butt, butt-wiping, commode, Construction and Maintenance, crapper, deficate, Design, Dial, elf, eye, eye dropper, facilities, faucet, feces, flush, Flush toilet, garbage, garbage can, hand dryer, hand towel, hand-washing, hands-free, Handsfree, John, knob, Laser, laser-beams, latrine, paper towel, Paper towel dispenser, pee, pee trough, peed, peeing, piss-trough, Poop, pooped, pooping, Public, Public toilet, QC, quality control, restroom, robot, sensor, shitter, shopping, Sink, sink basin, sinks, soap, Soap dispenser, Softsoap, spigot, teepee, toilet, toilet bowl, toilet paper, towel, TP, trach can, trahs, United States, urinate, urine, Walmart, Washington, water closet, WC