Wow, amazingly… Quiznos is still on the job, and Subway is still not.
The W(aL)D inbox was empty today, save for this…
From: HelpDesk <HelpDesk@quiznos.com>
Date: Fri, Nov 20, 2009 at 2:36 PM
Subject: FW: The Quiznos Toasty TorpedoT ads?
To: FO Marketing <FOmarketing@quiznos.com>
Thank you for your response back. Greg is currently out of the office so I will forward your comments on to our marketing team for you.
Help Desk Associate
Subs • Soups • Salads
Our friends at Subway have still not written back… even though I was told by Mack Bridenbaker that Paula Gomez from Customer Care would address my concerns.
We also have another Quiznos email address to add to the collection.
If you need to catch up, here’s a time-line on this one:
- I write to Subway about allergens, cross-contamination, hygiene, the $5 footlong campaign and Jared: $5 Foot Up Your Ass. [Oct. 28, 2009]
- Subway (Anna Seely, Customer Care) sends back a form letter that I in turn reply to: Customer ID: 1918316 [Oct. 29, 2009]
- I send it to Quiznos to get a comment, and they (Tony Jones, Vice President for Quiznos representing the Ohio/Indiana/Pennsylvania/Illinois region & Gregory Boudreaux, Help Desk Lead) do: Quiznos writes back before Subway – To put this in perspective I also tried to get comments from Sheetz, Jimmy John’s, & Jersey Mike’s – w/o so much as even a form letter generic response (wtf? seriously.) …and re-sent the concerns to Subway noting that it had been a while since they’d received my mail with no reply. [Nov. 1o & 11, 2009]
- Response from Subway (Mack Bridenbaker, Subway Spokesperson) saying someone (Paula Gomez, Customer Care) will address my concerns: Sort of a response from Subway [Nov. 13, 2009]
- Since I have a good already open dialogue, I write to Quiznos about the little hands in the Toasty Torpedo Ads: Are those midget hands? [Nov. 17, 2009]
- Quiznos (Tony Jones, Vice President for Quiznos representing the Ohio/Indiana/Pennsylvania/Illinois region) writes back, amused: Have you ever thought of getting into an independent consulting capacity… or maybe franchise news journaling? [Nov. 17, 2009]
- Today, Quiznos (Rebecca Chamberlain, Help Desk Associate) writes back, to tell me that she’s passing on my email, and that someone else from the marketing team will get back to me. Awesome.
If we’re keeping score, that’s Subway 1 and Quiznos 3½. (The responses saying you’ll get a response are only worth ½ in my point system, OK?)
So there you have it. Quiznos is awesome. Subway is not.
What is “FO Marketing” though?
At any rate, please let me know what you think of the insanity… and where I should go from here.