The last post was going to have some explanation, but my dumb ass hit the “Publish” button instead of the “Save Draft” button. Perhaps because the Publish button is blue and shiny, or perhaps because I have a problem actually reading the screen.
Some of you may have seen my blogs posts, and think I’m a little “off”. Well, you’re right. But, I do post these things with an odd sense of humor. Sometimes I write serious complaint letters, sometimes I write ridiculous letters just to be ridiculous. More often than not, the lines get blurred. My guess is that you either get it, or you don’t. If I have to remind you that I really don’t expect every restaurant out there to cater to my special dietary needs, it ceases being funny. (If it ever was in the first place.)
- I started with Pizza Hut long ago with these emails & the letter, posted via MySpace blog posts: W(aL)D: Pizza Hut. / W(aL)D: Pizza Hut Response / W(aL)D: “Pizza Hut, Pay Attention! Apparently, I started with KFC/Taco Bell back then too: Yum! Brands, Inc. – KFC/Taco Bell (Deathfish)
- They never took my “water park” question seriously, so I guess that’s what prompted me to go again with Pizza Hut’s Intestinal Warfare. It was an expansion on the “why does Pizza Hut make me poop so much” theme. Their response brought a serious question to my attention, and I ran with that instead of my Spaceballs idea, which I may now need to revisit.
- Then, I wrote back to Pizza Hut. This was a slightly unhinged serious inquiry to which I had no real response at the time… but felt like posting anyway.
- Then, I did finally get a response assuring me that any future requests for information would be responded to personally. I think that was a fib.
- Even in my first contact from Mr. Williams at Pizza Hut, he’s anxious to get me on the phone… which I of course don’t want. I mean, where would the fun be in that?
- Then, I wrote to every Pizza Hut & Yum! Brands email address that I could find asking them to explain the cryptic shellfish thing, and where in the manufacturing facility that the sauce may come into contact with shellfish. I was hit with more than a few replies.
- Oddly, our story moves to Taco Bell here, before it intertwines again… I ask (repeatedly from multiple sources) about the Death Taco, got a reply, and wrote back.
- Of the many things I asked in my Death Taco reply, only a few were addressed, but the gem of it all was that my comments concerning Pizza Hut & allergy issues had been forwarded to Pizza Hut.
- That apparently hit a sore spot, and I got this snappy reply from Mr. Williams at Pizza Hut.
So, that brings us to our “what’s happening now is happening now” moment.