Yeah, I know I just blogged about Food Allergies, & I try not to beat that subject to death, but Twitter was blowing up this morning on this subject, so I felt that I needed to say something.
Here are some tweets & re-tweets:
What does all this mean? As far as I can tell, it’s just a coming-together of the powers that be in the food allergy world to say, “Hey, if we’re gonna get anywhere with awareness & treatment, we’re gonna all need to get on the same page so we can move forward.”
If this is of interest to you… I urge you to check out the following links to read-up on what it means for those afflicted with food allergies:
- FAAN | FAAN Endorses Food Allergy Guidelines for Clinicians
- Please Don’t Pass The Nuts™ | Food Allergy Guidelines, NIAID
- Guidelines for the Diagnosis and Management of Food Allergy in the United States | What’s in It for Patients
- NIAID | Guidelines for the Diagnosis and Management of Food Allergy in the United States
- Audio | Press conference with Dr. Fenton and Dr. Sampson (*.mp3)
- American Academy of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology | Anaphylaxis Emergency Action Plan (*.pdf)
Hopefully, you’ll find the time (like I hope to) to be able to take that all in and see what it means for you & your friends or family members who may be deathly allergic to something that’s in kitchens, food processing plants, grocery stores, & other food venues all over the place.