So, in the wake of everything that’s just happened in Japan, and still in support of the recent events in Haiti, a local UCC cluster (and more specifically, my church: ERUCC) is collecting the contents of hygiene kits to be sent to those in need.
Here’s what’s needed:
Hygiene Kit Instructions
This year at our Wednesday Evening UCC Cluster Lenten Service we will be receiving a precious offering. In the face of natural disasters, violence, or grinding poverty, Hygiene Kits can mean the difference between sickness and health for struggling families.
To assemble a Hygiene Kit you will need:
- One hand towel measuring approximately 16″ x 28″ (no fingertip or bath towels and new towels only)
- One new washcloth
- One wide-tooth comb (Must be wide-tooth and one comb per package-available at Target, Wal-mart and other discount stores)
- One new nail clipper
- One bar of soap (bath size in wrapper)
- One toothbrush (in original packaging-only one per package)
- Six standard size Band-Aids®
Place all items in a one-gallon plastic bag with a zipper closure, remove excess air from bag, and seal. Please do not add toothpaste to the Hygiene Kit. Cartons of toothpaste that have an extended expiration date will be added to Hygiene Kit shipments just prior to shipment.
I personally like the fact that we can donate concrete items knowing that it will have a direct impact, and even if you can only afford to put together one kit or even part of a kit… you know that it will go directly to someone in need.
If you can get the kits to me, I’ll see that they get to the church, or you can drop them off/send them directly to:
Thanks & please spread the word!