Did you read my last blog about the food allergy walk? OK, so you can officially donate to me now, via this link:
I decided for the 1st time to just sign up as an individual, maybe do a team next year. I believe we’ll be signing my wife Bethany up for the walk too, she’ll be walking with me if you’d like to donate to her too or instead of me. (…Perhaps more well deserved for putting up with my crazy ass.) I’ll post her URL as soon as we have one.
I would appreciate any donations to FAAN, be it a $1 or $100. Please don’t feel obligated or pressured to donate. I realize that there are many many other charities/causes out there worth of donations. I want you to think about donating your time and or money to those that you hold dear.
For me personally, as far as food allergies go… just raising awareness of the seriousness and validity of serious food allergies is as important as research for a cure. People need to realize that it’s a growing concern, and it will need to be addressed more and more in schools, restaurants, grocery stores, and homes everywhere.
I’m looking forward to the event & meeting other like-minded food-allergy Yinzers. Thanks for reading, considering, & possibly donating!
As an added bonus, Erin (a.k.a. Ernie of Ernie and the Berts) has pledged to provide some special-edition Ernie and the Berts T-shirts to the first 10 people who donate $50 or more, if you’re interested in that sort of thing. They’ll be the new design, but a different limited orange deathfish color run.
Just email Erin at firstname.lastname@example.org to tell him you donated & are interested in a T-shirt.
- FAAN’s Walk for Food Allergy….Have You Registered??? (thefoodallergymom.wordpress.com)
- Food Allergy Walk Pittsburgh – Sept. 18th, 2011! (aixelsyd13.wordpress.com)
- 16 Tips for Dining Out With Food Allergies (via Calorie Lab) (aixelsyd13.wordpress.com)
- The Food Allergy & Anaphylaxis Network’s Walk for Food Allergy 2011 (Find A Walk Near You) (thefoodallergymom.wordpress.com)
- Back To School Series Part 3: School and Food Allergy Basics (thefoodallergymom.wordpress.com)
- Shleppers Supports 2010 FAAN Walk Events (prweb.com)
- Get your new Ernie and the Berts T-Shirts! (via Ernie and the Berts) (aixelsyd13.wordpress.com)
- Food allergies can be deadly (ajc.com)