Hey! A post about food allergies, and it’s not from me!
I’ve pointed you to Blurt before. It’s an amusing blog in general, and this is another amusing yet very real story about the seriousness of food allergies. This time, it’s got the perspective of someone who’s not food-allergic themselves, yet understands the seriousness of the situation. I find it to be a fresh take.
It’s also one that’s not in the Top 8, showing us that other allergies exist besides the big ones.
Of course, this is also self-serving, as there’s a shout-out to someone you might know…
- The Story Of That Girl, The One I Almost Killed (blurts.wordpress.com)
- Food Allergies in Kids More Common Than Thought (children.webmd.com)
- One in 12 U.S. Children May Have Food Allergies (nlm.nih.gov)
- Food Allergy Walk Pittsburgh – Sept. 18th, 2011! (aixelsyd13.wordpress.com)
- 16 Tips for Dining Out With Food Allergies (via Calorie Lab) (aixelsyd13.wordpress.com)
- Sponsor me for FAAN’s Pittsburgh Food Allergy Walk 2011? (aixelsyd13.wordpress.com)
- 7 MILLION People Allergic to Shellfish? (aixelsyd13.wordpress.com)
- When food allergies kill (cnn.com)
- New Food Allergy Study: Becoming Worse (momstowork.com)
- Get your new Ernie and the Berts T-Shirts! (via Ernie and the Berts) (aixelsyd13.wordpress.com)