Some good food allergy articles popping up lately, if you’re paying attention:
- Allergies in the classroom: What’s OK to send in for snack time? – Some good tips. Not sure if I’m 100% on-board with banning stuff in schools & classrooms. I’d just promote safety a little more.
- Subway expanding gluten-free test – Subway is still clueless. They’re pushing the gluten free fad as far as they can with as little effort as possible, all while making a big deal about it & ignoring that other allergens exist. (Read the comments.)
- IHOP flops – IHOP owed by the same company that owns Crapplebees, also could not give a crap about your food allergies. Try the new effortless lemon-zest dairy-free salad today! (Read the comments.)
- $20,000 allergy-sniffing dog is a real lifesaver – Such a great idea! Too bad it’s a $20K price tag. I’d love to have a deathfish-detecting pooch. I’d also train him to poop right outside of Subway restaurants.
- Managing your food allergies in dining halls and dorm rooms – It’s back to school time. Solid advice from a real expert. I’m all about the buddy system. Friends that look out for your best interest as far as not dying are friends for life.
So yeah, stuff’s happening. I’m really just posting this to say… we’re out there.