He’s the Shat. Thanks to Metal Hammer, I found this:
The cool thing about being William Shatner, is that you can do whatever the hell you want at this point in life. There’s a pretty good chance people will buy it… and if not, who cares?
You’re William freaking Shatner.
I’m sure some sort of Star Trek checks, book and album checks, & Priceline paychecks are still pouring in regularly. This involves Zakk Wylde on guitar? So crazy. I wonder is anyone called Tony Iommi to ask if he wanted to do it?
It’s not only an album… it’s a 2 CD or 3 LP set. It could all be just to advertise his new book. This is hilarious & awesome:
- Have You Heard WILLIAM SHATNER’s & ZAKK WYLDE’s Cover of ‘Iron Man’ Yet? (metalinjection.net)
- For Your Listening Displeasure: the William Shatner/zakk Wylde “Iron Man” Cover (metalsucks.net)
- William Shatner: Focus keeps me going at 80 (cbsnews.com)
- Need a Laugh? Watch William Shatner Record His Cover of “Iron Man” (metalsucks.net)
- William Shatner Strikes Again (q104.radio.com)
- William Shatner On George Takei Feud: ‘I Think He Secretly Was in Love With Me’ (VIDEO) (aoltv.com)
- William Shatner On Star Trek Vs. Star Wars (entertainment.slashdot.org)
- William Shatner delivers new album, book and … dead rats? (herocomplex.latimes.com)
- “Shatner Rules”: William Shatner’s new book tells readers how to live as he does (csmonitor.com)
- William Shatner: Obama can’t be Captain Kirk (politico.com)