So, I found another amusing Guitar Squid article; Timeline of a Bar Gig. It made me laugh.
While amusing, their bar gig timeline runs completely different from one that I’d put together. I’d like to make my own, maybe a little less jaded. There’s several subsets of bar-gigs, and it depends wholly on the bar, the type of band, and the crowd.
Before I do that, I’d like to see yours.
It doesn’t matter if you’re in a band, just a person who goes to shows… or even the bar, promoter, or the sound guy. I’d like to see the timeline from all parties involved. If your drummer can read, is he tired of the drummer-bashing?
- What price should a HomeGig be? (homegigs.wordpress.com)
- The Rock Face Gig (andiebrazewell.wordpress.com)
- Power Gig’s story is something you must hear to believe (destructoid.com)
- Geek Kids : Air Picks (thinkgeek.com)
- The Travelling Band on the road, part one (independent.co.uk)
- Natalie Haynes: If you don’t pay for it, you won’t value it (independent.co.uk)
- Meet Adam Smith of The Deedles (foodservicewarehouse.com)
- I’m already imagining these people in their underwear… (ask.metafilter.com)
- Book a Bigger Gig (rockstarleader.wordpress.com)
- Enough of the guitar playing already! (ramsaystreetrecaps.wordpress.com)
- Building the Guitar You’ll Keep (wired.com)