Solid advice. Dave is my personal guitar Guru, most likely to his chagrin. Read & learn, fellow axe-slingers:
From now on, let’s call this “The 12 O’Clock Rule” so you can remember it easily. Next time you’re at a show, running sound, or setting up with your band… a friendly “Dude, ’12 O’Clock Rule'” should suffice to any knob tweaker getting out of hand.
I think the bass & treble cranked with the mids to zero was a Metallica thing, wasn’t it? I seem to remember that being in a Guitar World or Guitar for the Practicing Musician article in the mid 90’s. Everyone must have read that one.
On turning the gain back and still rocking hard, I give you Warp Riders by the Sword. Case closed. You just found the droids you didn’t know you were looking for. Move along.
- Top 5 Coolest Geek Guitars (techeblog.com)
- What are amps made of (wiki.answers.com)
- Protoype: With a Flip of a Knob, He Heard the Future (nytimes.com)
- Great Ape (wired.com)
- Build Your Own Guitar Amplifier (howto.wired.com)
- Guitar Blues (miketrier.wordpress.com)
- Clean, Crunch, and Lead (rockstarleader.wordpress.com)