I still haven’t received a reply to my email to Mr. Wakabayashi, but what now Panera Bread? What now? Clearly, this will pan out to be a bigger rivalry than Neil Young vs. Skynrd, or East Coast Rap vs. West Coast Rap. Maybe even bigger than me vs. the people that think I’m McDonald’s. (At Least Mr. Wakabayashi used my contact form correctly!)
If you have no idea what’s going on, or if you work for Panera Bread. You can catch up here…
- The Great Panera Bread Swindle
- Panera responds to my insanity, so I write back…
- So, do you guys cater?
- Can I have jelly? Can I have jelly? Can I have jelly?
- Bob Evans’ Follow Up
- How tweet it is to get snubbed by you.
- Stay Classy, Panera Bread.
- New Catering Advertisement Opportunities! (for Boston Market & Panera Bread)
- Boston Market is Ready to Battle.
In other news, did you know that they both cater? I wish someone would have told me.
I actually stopped at the local Panera the other night because the wife was sick and wanted some of that cheese-broccoli soup. I went in to get some to go, and got myself a half of a turkey sandwich and a cup of the chicken noodle.
The employee (a young girl, of course) at the counter was quite friendly, asked if I wanted lettuce tomato or onion on the sandwich, and even asked if I wanted mustard and/or mayo. Clearly, someone went over new procedures. Sadly, I asked for lettuce & tomato… and got neither, but I did get mustard and mayo. I applaud the effort, and shame on me for not checking before I left the store.
I have to say, after my initial complaint, they have totally stepped it up service-wise. I still call shenanigans on the new soup. They ought to let sales do the talking… OFFER BOTH. It’s certainly a popular item. Let the consumers decide if they want a great-tasting soup… or the crappy flat-noodled healthy soup. Clearly, as a leader in the Fast Casual industry, you can afford to test the proverbial waters? I think more changes have been made, but it’s still not the old soup. Shenanigans.
Also, I counted 3 signs within a span of about 8 feet on the counter where you wait for your order advertising the catering… and the pop machine still does it too. I think the receipt may have even said something about it.
I spend far too much time contemplating fast food & fast casual dining. If only I could save time buy purchasing already prepared meals. Does anyone out there do that?
- Panera Bread – The Cuban is not so sweet! (foodservicewarehouse.com)
- Panera responds to my insanity, so I write back… (aixelsyd13.wordpress.com)
- So, do you guys cater? (aixelsyd13.wordpress.com)
- The Great Panera Bread Swindle (aixelsyd13.wordpress.com)
- How tweet it is to get snubbed by you. (aixelsyd13.wordpress.com)
- New Catering Advertisement Opportunities! (for Boston Market & Panera Bread) (aixelsyd13.wordpress.com)
- Stay Classy, Panera Bread. (aixelsyd13.wordpress.com)
- Boston Market is ready to battle. (aixelsyd13.wordpress.com)
- 40% Off at Boston Market – Get Deal Today – Use When You Like (couponclippingforfreestuff.wordpress.com)
- Today’s Daily Deals – Boston Market, Jenny Present, The Slanket & More! (livingrichwithcoupons.com)