I haven’t written about food allergies in a while. I would think that Epi-Man would be pleased with this post. Check out this article about legislation being brought forth to give easier access to epinephrine auto-injectors and their administration by school staff.
I’m not big on the gub’ment micro-managing… but how can I not get behind this? I’d like to see something like this eventually passed for restaurants too. Why not have one more step in keeping kids & adults safe?
Yes, the act is aimed at kids with food allergies… but us adults are out there too. What if a teacher, administrator, janitor, nurse, or anyone else on site has a life-threatening food allergy? This kind of thing could come in handy for all of us out there.
Keep watching the news, I hope this gets passed soon and without any political shenanigans.
- Proposed Bill For Emergency Epinephrine In Schools (thefoodallergymom.wordpress.com)
- Epi-Essentials Announces New Product Launch for Individuals with Anaphylactic Allergies (prweb.com)
- What is it that restaurants don’t get about food allergies? (thechefstableblog.com)
- Welcome! (iusedmyepi.wordpress.com)
- Epi-Essentials Creates Epi-Pen Purses | Stylish Accessories for Holding Allergy Medications (bagbunch.com)
- Helping Families Manage Food Allergy in Schools: Tips and Tools for the Allergist and Nonallergist (myallergysupport.wordpress.com)
- Hosting a Child with a Food Allergy – What You Need to Know (itchylittleworld.wordpress.com)
- Carabiner Allergy Injectors – ‘Epi-Inject’ by Maria Pitallano is the Latest Non-Stab Clip-on EpiPen (TrendHunter.com) (trendhunter.com)
- Grieving father on a mission to fight food allergies (mercurynews.com)
- Anaphylaxis (obnoxiouslyswag.wordpress.com)