So, I entered 3 of my goofy beauties into the “Mutant Beauty Pageant” in Joe Gore‘s Tone Fiend blog at the Seymour Duncan website. I have had people tell me they’re ugly, I have had people that dig them. I’m just glad that we live in a world with so many available options. Guitar beauty (& awesomeness) is subjective, after all.
You can check out the entries so far by clicking the triple-headed turkey, and you can also read the original rules post. When you’re done with that, enter your weird guitar! Yeah, it’s got to be yours… not something you just found on the internet somewhere.
I’m really diggin’ Dr. Soda’s “calm like a bomb” Explorer custom …thing. I’d love to see some more photos. Is that circuit board 3D? I can imagine ripping my hand open on that… but then again, that would be one hell of a show.
Also, you’ll notice that Mr. Gore used my Batman guitar in the photo with the tri-topped turkey that I have dubbed “Cerberus, the Darkmeat Knight”. How cool is that? Funny part is, I just got a Seymour Duncan Distortion Humbucker to drop into it.
- My Guitars… (aixelsyd13.wordpress.com)
- The No-Tears, No-Panic Thanksgiving Countdown Guide: Week 2 (theawl.com)
- Mutant Guitars (mymodernmet.com)
- Watching a Guitar Be Played from Inside the Guitar Is Trippy [Video] (gizmodo.com)
- Guitar stereotypes are always fun: (aixelsyd13.wordpress.com)
- Who is playing the guitar in Weird Al Yankovic (wiki.answers.com)
- Great Ape (wired.com)