Make sure you can get the whole way through an intersection before you actually go through it. I see these dingleberries every weekday morning. I use the word dignleberry because they cling to automobile in front of them. Please, study the illustration of the offending intersection by Bing Maps & mad paint.NET skills:
To drive the point home, what you’re seeing is my path (the green arrow) and the wrong path (the red arrow). The yellow outline is the zone where you should not be when my light turns green. Let’s call that zone the clean wipe zone. There are two lanes headed in my direction. The left lane is where I need to be, the right lane is where most of the red path dingleberries are going, so they can get up on the major highway close by.
One major dingleberry always ends up straddling the inside lane, clearly inside the clean wipe zone. Sometimes the dingleberry has a friend that sneaks behind, straddling the lanes coming towards me. That’s super dingleberryish. Don’t be a dingleberry!
(Dingleberries in the clean wipe zone cause incredible discomfort, and sometimes bring out horn-honking traffic trolls.)
If you end up in the clean wipe zone when my light is green, you are a dingleberry. There may be several reasons for the offending action…
- You’re an idiot and you weren’t paying attention.
- You think you can squeeze through.
- You’ll do anything to get through your light, not caring if you’re blocking traffic going the other direction.
I have solutions for all of these problems…
- Pay attention, idiot.
- You obviously can’t, judge better next time. When it doubt, don’t.
- You are not more important than the throngs of others on their way to work. Why block a whole bunch of them?
Are we clear?
- It’s called “right of way”, you anuses. (aixelsyd13.wordpress.com)
- I’m pretty sure this is illegal. (Driving advice for horn-honking traffic trolls.) (aixelsyd13.wordpress.com)
- Yinz Ain’t Drivin’ Right (aixelsyd13.wordpress.com)
- How to walk to your car in a parking lot: A public service announcement (aixelsyd13.wordpress.com)
- How to Cross the Street 101 (myspace.com/aixelsyd13)
- The venerated Yinzer parking chair. (aixelsyd13.wordpress.com)
- This is why you can’t have nice things… (aixelsyd13.wordpress.com)