You’ve no doubt heard that Black Sabbath just announced that they were going to record an album of new material & tour with the original lineup…
You’ve probably also heard the news about Tony Iommi being recently diagnosed with lymphoma. The band told us not long ago via their website that you could send get well wishes to Tony via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I did that.
To: “email@example.com” <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Sent: Friday, January 13, 2012
Subject: – ✠ \m/ ✠ –
Dear Mr. Iommi,
I’m sure you have a grasp of your influence in the musical world, and on guitar players everywhere. We look to you for not only inspiration as far as the most devastating guitar riffs on the planet, but also as a musician who’s resolve soldiered his band triumphantly through many decades. I have read countless stories of your humility & friendliness. I have several members of my family & great friends who have triumphed over the odds with various forms of cancer. I have no doubt that the prayers, thoughts, and general good vibes of millions of fans, friends, family, and your brothers from Black Sabbath will only serve to strengthen your own personal iron will to defeat this disease and come out a stronger man.
Your music helped me learn to play the guitar, and whenever any people get together to jam for the first time, inevitably someone starts playing a Sabbath song, then another, then another… I owe you a great many good times, sir. I will pray for your health, pray for strength for your family & friends, & pray for guidance to the medical team entrusted with your care so that you may continue to have many more good times yourself.Sincerely,-Eric.seitilibasid gninrael fo nuf ekam ot ynnuf ton yllaer s’tI
This is the auto reply:
From: Tony Iommi
Sent: Friday, January 13, 2012
Subject: Thanks for the Get Well Email! Re: – ✠ \m/ ✠ –
A short automated note to let you know that your email for Tony Iommi has been received.
Due to the overwheming crush of outpouring for Tony since his announcement on Jan 9th, please note that your email cannot be individually replied to.
It will however be read, and both Tony, and those who represent him are grateful for your prayers and thoughts at this time.
— Joe Siegler
Rock on, Mr. Iommi. Rock on.
- Tony Iommi Thanks Fans for Support (wzlx.radio.com)
- Black Sabbath Guitarist Tony Iommi Diagnosed With Lymphoma (rollingstone.com)
- Black Sabbath’s Tony Iommi Fights Lymphoma (popdose.com)
- Tony Iommi Diagnosed with Lymphoma (jambase.com)
- BLACK SABBATH Guitarist Tony Iommi Diagnosed With Lymphoma (metalinjection.net)
- BLACK SABBATH – TONY IOMMI Anxious To Start Lymphoma Treatment (bravewords.com)
- Tony Iommi Diagnosed With Lymphoma (wncx.radio.com)
- BLACK SABBATH’s Cancer-Stricken Guitarist ‘Can’t Wait’ To ‘Get Going With The Treatment’ (roadrunnerrecords.com)
- Here’s hoping for the best for Sabbath’s great guitarist (pbpulse.com)
- Tony Iommi of Black Sabbath has lymphoma (brooklynvegan.com)
- BLACK SABBATH Guitarist Tony Iommi Releases First Statement Since Cancer Diagnosis (metalinjection.net)