Lots of food allergy stuff going on….
- The Allergist Mom | The Science of Anaphylaxis – An Allergic Storm – Great article by The Allergist Mom. Knowledge is power & all that. Might be scary for some. It’s very informative!
- Bloomberg | Deaths Show Schools Need Power of the EpiPen: Margaret Carlson – “EpiPens aren’t as widely available as defibrillators, though they should be — especially in schools. As the device’s name suggests, it is the size of a thick Sharpie marker and contains a dose of epinephrine, which is injected into the thigh. It gives an adrenaline jolt to the heart, dilates breathing passages and buys time to get a patient to the hospital before anaphylaxis sets in. It’s simple enough for a child to use.” (From Kids With Food Allergies.)
- Please Don’t Pass The Nuts™ | School Access to Emergency Epinephrine Act – Get on this. FAAN has more information on how to contact your local representative about these two bills that could save a child’s life. Act now.
- Safety Information on the Correct Use of EpiPens (sea2skyservices.com)
- Allergy Death at School: When Do Morals Override Policy? (my.psychologytoday.com)
- Is a Dead 1st Grader Enough Incentive To Change? (drewdowns.net)
- Ask Your Senator to Support the School Access to Emergency Epinephrine Act (aixelsyd13.wordpress.com)
- Allergic Girl Who Died at School Got Peanut From Another Child – ABC News (abcnews.go.com)
- Epi Pen Bill! (The School Access to Emergency Epinephrine Act) (aixelsyd13.wordpress.com)
- Should schools stock EpiPens to rescue allergic students? (timesunion.com)
- The Allergic Kid | No More Dead Children (aixelsyd13.wordpress.com)