I just learned of the wonderful existence of Zero8 thanks to the ever informative Allergy Eats Blog. Paul at Allergy Eats is always on top of current allergy issues with restaurants (like recent fast-food menu changes), and it’s great to see that a restaurant like this even exists in the first place. What’s their deal?
Well, they are free of the top 8 allergens, plus a few other things… and seem to be extremely sensitive to the needs of those with food allergies, food intolerances, and celiac disease. This quote alone from their “Learn More” page is really incredibly comforting:
As everyone suffering from food allergies knows, going to the restaurant with family, friends or colleagues is not always enjoyable: limited knowledge of the ingredients used in dishes, fear of cross-contamination, lack of confidence in the staff are some of the worries that can come with ordering a simple meal!
A food allergy cannot be taken lightly. Difficulty breathing, loss of consciousness, inflammation and vomiting are some of the extreme reactions that the immune system can have when confronted with a food protein. The consequences can be dramatic. Serious allergies can cause an anaphylactic shock, a violent reaction that can cause loss of consciousness and sometimes death.
At Zero8 we offer a secure environment where you can eat with confidence. We guarantee a worry-free meal!
…And something more restaurants ought to understand, express, & practice. Or at least this could translate to other restaurants:
Since most food allergies are caused by the 9 priority allergens, you may be allergic to other foods. That is why we identify all of the ingredients in our dishes on our menu and that the list of our kitchen’s authorized ingredients is available upon request at any time. Whenever possible, we try to accommodate our clients’ requests in adapting dishes to their particular needs.
Zero8 pays attention to your needs!
Is that too much to ask?
Chefs in the US need to get behind this! If there was a place like this in Pittsburgh, you could bet I’d be there all the time and I’d tell all my friends & family about the place. There were a ton of Pittsburghers at the Food Allergy Walk last year, you have your clientele ready!
Click the Allergy Eats Blog logo to read about Paul’s experience there!
- People With Food Allergies Need Love Too (restrow.wordpress.com)
- Are most people who say they have food allergies just picky eaters? (theglobeandmail.com)
- Same allergy, different reaction? (Guest Post) (itchylittleworld.wordpress.com)
- Top 10 Misconceptions About Food Allergies (itchylittleworld.wordpress.com)
- Food Allergy or Food Intolerance – There IS a Difference. (thechefstableblog.com)
- Famous And Gluten-Free? 16 Celebrities With Food Allergies Or Intolerances (huffingtonpost.com)
- My Food Allergy Responses Graph (aixelsyd13.wordpress.com)
- Food Allergy Fun | Actual Responses – Food Allergy Fun Graph (aixelsyd13.wordpress.com)
- When Allergies Develop Suddenly (everydayhealth.com)
- News You Can Use on Food Allergy (lynnawiensmd.com)
- Ask Dr. K: Fish, shellfish allergies can appear later in life (goerie.com)