Some people are no fun. Quiznos pretty much refuses to write back to this:
Salutations Sandwich Sultans!
♩♫ Where have all the Quiznos gone? ♬♪ (I imagined that in my head as sung like that “Where Have all the Cowboys Gone” song from the 90’s. – Hopefully you did too!)
I live in & around Pittsburgh PA, and all the Quiznos locations seem to have dried up. At one point we were over-saturated, then poof! They were all gone.
What happened? Was it too easy to open a Quiznos? Are they deceptively hard to run for a profit? Is it hard to find good workers? Certainly you have a better product than Subway and there aren’t many Jimmy John’s, Jersey Mike’s, or Firehouse Subs in the area (yet).
I ask only because I keep receiving emails asking me to come eat at Quiznos… yet there aren’t any near where I live or work, thus eliminating weekday lunch or dinner visits. This doesn’t discount weekends, but I also don’t find myself near any Quiznos locations when I’m out & about.
This brings me back to by original query; ♩♫ Where have all the Quiznos gone? ♬♪ (Did you hear it this time?)
Really, what happened? That’s all I want to know. They are actual legitimate (if slightly embarrassing) questions.
I’ve submitted this to their contact form, and haven’t received a reply. I sent it to some email addresses I had for Quiznos employees, and it bounced back.
They didn’t really answer well via Twitter, as they couldn’t get my whole letter:
…and no reply to that last one. So, I tweeted at a Quiznos that responded with a valid corporate email address…
…and I got an error message that bounced back saying the following:
Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently:
Technical details of permanent failure:
Google tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the recipient domain. We recommend contacting the other email provider for further information about the cause of this error. The error that the other server returned was: 550 550 5.7.1 <email@example.com>: Relay access denied. (state 14).
Weird. That message (according to a quick Google search) sort of tells me I’ve been marked as spam. I tired sending from a different email address, but got the same thing. I may have to print & mail this one. I wonder if even that will garner a response?
And, I liked Quiznos…
- How Quiznos Plans To Turn Things Around After Narrowly Avoiding Bankruptcy (businessinsider.com)
- Quiznos Locations To Remain Open; Franchisees Breath Sigh of Relief (thefranchiseking.com)
- Suck it, Quizno’s (bexschwartz.blogspot.com)
- Sandwich Chain Eyes Possible Bankruptcy Protection (huffingtonpost.com)
- Quiznos returns to horrible tuneless critters (adweek.blogs.com)
- Quiznos Avoids Bankruptcy: Long-Live The Hampsters (blogs.wsj.com)
- You: Restaurant chain Quiznos reaches debt restructuring pact, but Ch. 11 bankruptcy still possible (washingtonpost.com)
- Quiznos and Sears in Trouble (wallstreetpit.com)
- Quiznos eyes possible Ch. 11 bankruptcy protection (seattletimes.nwsource.com)
- And Just Because: The Quiznos Mutant Hamsters (blogs.wsj.com)