So, I upped a bunch of old songs to SoundCloud. Some aren’t bad. Some are terrible. (There’s some AiXeLsyD, some Gasoline Dion, & even some Ernie and the Berts for good measure.) Feel free to enjoy and/or ignore.
I have had many many fun times writing songs & jamming with all of these cats over the years. We have recorded some good stuff, met interesting people, and played some absolutely wild parties & shows. It’s awesome to have played at parks, in basements, on small stages, in garages, in countless dive bars, on big stages, in back yards, a sports bar, band battles, in cool rock bars, an Elks lodge, a dorm room, American Legions, skate parks, VFW’s, theaters, Fire Halls, and even live on the radio. (Places I haven’t played yet… on a boat, under-water, on a moving flatbed, outside of the U.S., on TV – Ernie, can you get on booking that?) Some people even dug our stuff.
I’m glad to be able to continue to rock out with some old faces & some new faces. I enjoy that I’m still playing shows, going to shows, rocking out with talented dudes, & continually meeting & being influenced by local musicians & those that are just passing through. We get together to rock out & have a great time doing so …all while trying to be as goofy as possible. I’m glad I fell into punk rock as there’s a sense of humor about it all.
I enjoy the exchange of knowledge, whether it’s music trivia geekery, guitars & amps & how they work & how to play them, or just general rock n’ roll legends. I enjoy being obsessed with goofy guitars yet able to appreciate a nice normal axe. I enjoy making fun of bands that are doing absolutely terrible things, taking too long to set up, playing too long, or have terrible names. I enjoy being the target of the same kinds of jeers.
In honor of Saint Patrick’s Day coming soon, I’d like to toast my fellow musicians whether I’ve been in a band with you, shared a stage with you, or just been to one of your shows and told you how much it rocked.
☘ Here’s to cheating, stealing, fighting, and drinking! ☘
If you cheat, may you cheat death.
If you steal, may you steal a woman’s heart.
If you fight, may you fight for a brother.
And if you drink, may you drink with me.
Please, share with me some memories of the crazy paces you’ve played, the fun (or terrible) times you’ve had with your bands… whether you were in one with me or not. Share some of the music too!
- Cover Album… (aixelsyd13.wordpress.com)
- Where do you host your clips? (gearslutz.com)
- SoundCloud Moves Toward Email Marketing With Its Latest Labs Feature (readwriteweb.com)
- AiXeLsyD and Gasoline Dion Mazes (aixelsyd13.wordpress.com)
- How to pick a band name (for sadly uncreative musicians): (aixelsyd13.wordpress.com)
- My Guitars… (aixelsyd13.wordpress.com)
- ✯✯✯ALL✯AGES✯SHOW!✯✯✯ April 1st, opening for The Beautiful View @ The Smiling Moose! (ernieandtheberts.com)
- Ernie and the Berts opening for Real McKenzies, Goddamn Gallows, & The Bloody Seamen – Jun. 5th @ Altar Bar! (ernieandtheberts.com)
- Win Ernie’s Pants! (ernieandtheberts.com)
- Bella Quiz: Crazy Perfume Name or Punk Rock Band? (bellasugar.com)
- Punk isn’t Dead. Just old and stale. (chillinintheicebox.wordpress.com)
- Punk is Alive, It’s Just Hiding (chillinintheicebox.wordpress.com)