Some Irish toasts & songs for my blog readers…
May you be poor in misfortune, rich in blessings, slow to make enemies and quick to make friends. And may you know nothing but happiness from this day forward.
May your home always be too small to hold all your friends.
May you live to be 100 years, with one extra year to repent.
We drink to your coffin. May it be built from the wood of a hundred year old oak tree that I shall plant tomorrow.
May God grant you many years to live,
For sure he must be knowing,
The earth has angels all too few
And heaven is overflowing.
Here’s to a long life and a merry one.
A quick death and an easy one.
A pretty girl and an honest one.
A cold pint– and another one!
I drink to your health when I’m with you,
I drink to your health when I’m alone,
I drink to your health so often,
I’m starting to worry about my own!
Here’s to women’s kisses,
and to whiskey, amber clear;
Not as sweet as a woman’s kiss,
but a darn sight more sincere!
There are good ships,
and there are wood ships,
The ships that sail the sea.
But the best ships, are friendships,
And may they always be.
Here’s to you and yours,
And to mine and ours,
And if mine and ours ever come
Across you and yours,
I hope you and yours will do
As much for mine and ours,
As mine and ours have done
For you and yours!
May your heart be light and happy,
May your smile be big and wide,
And may your pockets always have
a coin or two inside!
Always remember to forget
The troubles that passed away.
But never forget to remember
The blessings that come each day.
May neighbors respect you,
Trouble neglect you,
The angels protect you,
And heaven accept you.
May you have the hindsight to know where you’ve been,
The foresight to know where you are going,
And the insight to know when you have gone too far.
May the saddest day of your future be no worse than the happiest day of your past.
May those that love us, love us.
And those that don’t love us,
May God turn their hearts.
And if he doesn’t turn their hearts,
May he turn their ankles,
So we’ll know them by their limping.
May misfortune follow you the rest of your life, and never catch up.
May you have food and raiment,
A soft pillow for your head.
May you be forty years in heaven
Before the devil knows you’re dead.
May you have warm words on a cold evening,
A full moon on a dark night,
And a smooth road all the way to your door.
May the lilt of Irish laughter
lighten every load.
May the mist of Irish magic
shorten every road…
And may all your friends remember
all the favors you are owed!
May the road rise to meet you,
May the wind be always at your back,
May the sun shine warm upon your face,
The rains fall soft upon your fields and,
Until we meet again,
May God hold you in the palm of His hand.
For each petal on the shamrock.
This brings a wish your way
Good health, good luck, and happiness
For today and every day.
May the good saints protect you,
And bless you today.
And may troubles ignore you,
Each step of the way.
Share with me below… your favorite toasts, blessings, photos, music or video with a Celtic influence. It can be Irish, Scottish, Welsh, or even Japanese. It can be Celtic folk, punk, metal, rap, rock, traditional, or a blend of all of the above. I’ll accept anything but U2.
- 5 Products To Keep St. Patrick’s Day (Kinda) Classy (lifecurated.wordpress.com)
- St. Patty’s Day Brews – A beer expert shares his top picks (theinsider.retailmenot.com)
- 10 St. Patrick’s Day Toasts You Don’t Want To Hear (bestonlinecolleges.com)
- Seven Things to Know About St. Patrick’s Day (greetingcarduniverse.com)
- St-Patricks Day, what is it? (armyofcp.com)
- Will you be one of the offensive ones? (uniearebelution.wordpress.com)
- Nina In New York: Today Is Not St. Patrick’s Day (newyork.cbslocal.com)
- When Irish eyes are smiling…There must be a cookie nearby! (shakebakeandparty.com)
- 5 A-DAY : music (darnyeller.wordpress.com)
- St. Patrick’s Day Radio now live on Slacker (intomobile.com)
- Flogging Molly Cover Dylan for Amnesty International (jambase.com)
- UK: The Pogues – Dirty Old Town – (jobblog2011.wordpress.com)
- It’s not just for St. Paddy’s Day… (rokchiksroadtodublin.wordpress.com)
- Ernie and the Berts opening for Real McKenzies, Goddamn Gallows, & The Bloody Seamen – Jun. 5th @ Altar Bar! (ernieandtheberts.wordpress.com)
- Summer Storm Festival 2012, Headlined by Swedish Progressive Heavy Metal Band Opeth, Palace Ground, Bangalore! Where Does Size Matter? (vikramroyblog.wordpress.com)
- A Little Celtic Music For You… (katewoodauthor.wordpress.com)
- WAYLANDER Announce New Album Title (valkyrianmusic.com)
- “Where Celtic Frost Failed, I Will Succeed.” (metalsucks.net)
- Celtic Frost Reunite, Hit the Bar Mitzvah Circuit (metalsucks.net)