So they intend to silence the great Jalapeño with a free sample or some coupons? Perhaps with just their word? I have not received a reply to the tweet yet… and I’m not sure how they would send a supply of Bronco Berry Sauce as I don’t think Bronco Jalapeño has an address… unless they know that I am Bronco Jalapeño… (which isn’t too hard to figure out) but then again I don’t remember if I provided my address in their contact form, and they haven’t reached out to ask me for it.
On the other hand, I received this email…
From: “email@example.com” <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Sent: Tuesday, March 27, 2012 10:20 AM
Subject: Customer Feedback #474233
Dear Mr. Carroll,
Thank you for your comments regarding our Bronco Berry Sauce. Our customer’s input and comments are always welcome and very important to us. We use this information to guide the decisions we make about our brand and our products. We have shared your comments with our Menu and Product Development team for future consideration. Also, Bronco Berry sauce is not available for retail sale.
If you have any additional questions you can give us a call at 800-599-2729.
Thank you again.
Arby’s Customer Relations
Allow me to translate a few key lines…
“We have shared your comments with our Menu and Product Development team for future consideration.” means a couple of things:
“We’ve shared your comments” means that it’s off of their collective customer service desk, so they consider the issue resolved, and can blame any further lack of progress or answers solely on the “Menu and Product Development team.”
“For future consideration” means I won’t get a reply from them either, and this will most likely go ignored, completely negating the statements “Our customer’s input and comments are always welcome and very important to us. We use this information to guide the decisions we make about our brand and our products.”
Perhaps I’m too cynical.
“Also, Bronco Berry sauce is not available for retail sale” means “too bad for you!”
Oddly (or perhaps not), the # 474233 indicates a second query when I still have no answer to the first… # 473197.
I’m not sure if Arby’s communicates well internally…
So I’m not sure what’s up there.
While we wait for clarification, will you help Bronco Jalapeño write a song?
It can be a protest song, maybe an old west ballad folk-type thing.
- You may call me… “Bronco Jalapeño” (aixelsyd13.wordpress.com)
- OCCUPY ARBY’S (aixelsyd13.wordpress.com)
- Arby’s :: Bronco Berry Sauce® (aixelsyd13.wordpress.com)
- Tipping is not a city in China (aixelsyd13.wordpress.com)
- WATCH: Welcome To Downton Arby’s (huffingtonpost.com)
- Arby’s Sauce Recipe (dinosdiscoveries.com)
- Good Mood Food, Indeed (twobairds.wordpress.com)
- Foodiku: Arby’s (foodiku.wordpress.com)
- Wendy’s makes a small profit after shedding Arby’s chain (usatoday.com)
- Pepsico and Arby’s join trend for offering rewards for engagement (econsultancy.com)
- Jalapeno Poppers Galore (foodservicewarehouse.com)
- Jalapeño Poppers (girleatsworld.net)