The word is…
From: info info
To: Me <_____________@_____.___>
Cc: info <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Sent: Wednesday, May 30, 2012
Subject: Re: One-Stuck Can Opener
Thanks for your email.
For the can opener issue, please try to press and hold the reverse switch at the rear of the can opener.
The cutter will move in the reverse direction to the start position and the can lid will be released.
You may also check the instruction manual for trouble shooting ways.
Please download and keep the user manual from our website (as per below link) for your reference.
Should you have any questions, please feel free to contact us.
There’s a reverse switch? The answer is that simple? I’m so disappointed, I haven’t even tried it yet. Why not mark the switch? I don’t remember the thing coming with instructions! Bastards.
There may be a slight language barrier here, and a large cultural one.
Also, I decided to further my communication with Astrid at Bed Bath & Beyond. Apparently this was going too far…
From: Eric <_____________@_____.___>
To: Bed Bath & Beyond <email@example.com>
Sent: Wednesday, May 30, 2012 1:19 PM
Subject: Re: PRODUCT INQUIRY [Incident: 120525-000501]
We’ll have to go with the store credit then. This is absolutely not a problem. I always want to buy many things every time we’re in a Bed, Bath & Beyond. Do you have a favorite can opener, or other cool kitchen gadget? Perhaps we could get that. Maybe some time my wife & I could have you over for dinner & we can use our new can opener. What’s your favorite canned food? I generally prefer fresh vegetables over canned… but I do like to make chili with a lot of canned ingredients. Do you like chili?
I’d like to suggest that you guys carry P-38’s. They really are useful, and don’t have any moving or electrical parts that can break or get stuck.
I like chili served over mashed potatoes. I like mashed potatoes.
I have as of yet not received a reply.
- Saturday Serials: “The Mark of the Zombies” (Batman 1943, Chapter 3) (grayflannelsuit.net)
- Vs. Bed, Bath & Beyond, Round Three (makyamcbee.wordpress.com)
- Cans Offer Excellent Beer Drinking Experience (sprbrewcrew.wordpress.com)
- Canning Concerns: Which Canners Are Safe? Which Methods Are Best? (theheartofahomekeeper.wordpress.com)
- Kuhn Rikon Can & Jar Opener Set – $14.99 (woot.com)
- Six ways to save money with fresh produce (csmonitor.com)
- Poops I did it again… (mymeowz.wordpress.com)