Most importantly, we all helped raise money for Food Allergy research & awareness.
Last year, I exceeded my $300 goal & made over $500 & was one of the top individual earners. This year, I’d like to break $600 or higher, and I need your help to get there.
So please, consider sponsoring me in the walk. Your tax-deductible donation can be made easily online. Just go to the following url & click the “Donate” button:
I’d also appreciate if you could spread the word by sharing that url or this blog.
I have just over a month to get these donations in, so let’s get the ball rolling!
Here’s a little bit of information about FAAN & how your donations are going to be used:
Founded in 1991, the Food Allergy & Anaphylaxis Network (FAAN) is the world leader in information, resources, and programs for food allergy, a potentially life-threatening medical condition that afflicts as many as 15 million Americans, including approximately 6 million children.
A nonprofit organization based in Fairfax, Va., FAAN has approximately 25,000 members in the U.S., Canada, and 58 other countries. FAAN provides information and educational resources about food allergy to patients, their families, schools, health professionals, pharmaceutical companies, the food industry, and government officials.
To raise public awareness, to provide advocacy and education, and to advance research on behalf of all those affected by food allergies and anaphylaxis.
Why We Walk
- We walk to fund food allergy awareness, advocacy, education, and research programs.
- We walk to provide understanding, hope, and an opportunity for those affected by food allergies to network.
- We walk to save a life!
Over the years, FAAN has been at the forefront of progress in food allergy awareness, advocacy, education, and research. Findings from research studies have been used to change federal and state laws, improve school policies, raise public awareness, improve the daily lives of individuals with food allergy, and provide education for patients, caregivers, and health professionals. Funds from programs like the FAAN Walk for Food Allergy support FAAN’s efforts to achieve these feats.
FAAN continues to lay the groundwork for a brighter future for those with food allergies.
How FAAN Uses Your Contributions
FAAN uses contributions to fund its education, advocacy, research, and awareness efforts. Eighty-one cents of every dollar is spent on innovative research and programs that help give families struggling with food allergies a fighting chance. Since 2004, FAAN has funded more than $4.6 million in research. Education remains the single most important component of staying safe while living with food allergies. Since 2006, FAAN has funded nearly $175,000 in Community Outreach Grants to local support groups throughout the country.
Thank you for your time & considering a donation.
- FAAN�s Food Allergy Conference Returns to Anaheim (foodallergy.org)
- Nearly 9 Out of 10 Adults Lack the Skills Needed to Manage Food Allergies (community.kidswithfoodallergies.org)
- FREE Webinar: What Parents Need to Know About Food Allergies in School (community.kidswithfoodallergies.org)
- Shleppers Supports 2011 FAAN Walk Events (prweb.com)
- July 2012 Living With Food Allergies Blog Carnival (ohmahdeehness.wordpress.com)
- FAAN Appoints Two New Members to Its Board of Directors (myfamilyhealthtoday.com)
- FAAN Appoints Two New Members to Its Board of Directors (foodallergy.org)
- Re-Branding Food Allergies (foodallergybitch.blogspot.com)
- KFA’s School Webinar with Dr. Michael Pistiner (community.kidswithfoodallergies.org)
- Food Allergies Don’t Keep Children from Visiting Theme Park (prweb.com)
- Enjoy Life Foods Second Fastest Growing Food & Beverage Company in the Chicagoland (prweb.com)
- Parents Preparing Special, Dietary Lunches on the Rise (prweb.com)
- Still taking donations for the Food Allergy Walk (aixelsyd13.wordpress.com)
- Thanks to everyone who donated for the Food Allergy Walk! (aixelsyd13.wordpress.com)
- Crazy weekend. (aixelsyd13.wordpress.com)
- Food Allergy Walk Pittsburgh – Sept. 18th, 2011! (aixelsyd13.wordpress.com)
- Sponsor me for FAAN’s Pittsburgh Food Allergy Walk 2011? (aixelsyd13.wordpress.com)
- Celebrity Endorsement? (aixelsyd13.wordpress.com)
- New AllergyEats App (aixelsyd13.wordpress.com)
- OK, sponsor me or Bethany for the 2011 Food Allergy Walk in Pittsburgh! (aixelsyd13.wordpress.com)
- Pittsburgh’s Food Allergy Walk 2011 Recap (aixelsyd13.wordpress.com)
- First-Ever Allergy Awareness Night at PNC Park, Friday, August 10, to Raise Understanding of Life-Threatening Allergies (aixelsyd13.wordpress.com)
- This won’t REALLY kill you, will it? Let’s see… (aixelsyd13.wordpress.com)
- The Story Of That Girl, The One I Almost Killed (via Blurt) (aixelsyd13.wordpress.com)
- Is it loaded? – Food Allergy Cartoon (foodallergyfun.blogspot.com)
- Food Allergies – Check out the Blog Carnival (aixelsyd13.wordpress.com)
- Dey Mylan’s irresponsible TV ad and its possible consequences… (aixelsyd13.wordpress.com)
- Results of New Study Offers Potential Clues About How Peanut Allergy Emerges (foodallergy.org)
- This is why we need epi-pens in schools! (aixelsyd13.wordpress.com)
- FAAN’s Walks Raise More Than Just Funds for Food Allergy (foodallergy.org)