So, a guy sending an email to the wrong person to complain about receiving emails in error is indeed irony, correct? (If so, someone should tell Alanis Morissette or her song writers.)
This time, I’m not mistaken for McDonald’s, but I am mistaken for Kmart once again. I’m guessing he searched for “firstname.lastname@example.org” because I see it in my site stats, and when I searched it myself I came up 3rd in Google’s results. Do people still not know the difference between a browser and an email client or a url and an email address?
From: Larry Holland <email@example.com>
Sent: Sunday, August 26, 2012 9:05 PM
Subject: W(aL)D Feedback
Name: Larry Holland
Message / Comment: Please take me off of your emailing list, i live in ohio amd everytime this lady makes a purchase at her kmart store in Georgia i get an email with her receipt information on it. This is very annoying and would appreciate it if you can fix this matter . Thank you
How’d you find my blog?:
So, I decided to reply:
From: Waldo Lunar <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Date: Sun, Aug 26, 2012 at 10:53 PM
Subject: Re: Fw: W(aL)D Feedback
Cc: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, KmartGamerHelpMe@searshc.com, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
Good Day to you, Larry!
I laughed out loud when I saw your email. Thank you for making my day. Sadly, I am unable to assist you with your Kmart matter, as I am not Kmart, don’t work for Kmart, and do not represent Kmart.
I’m guessing that in trying to email firstname.lastname@example.org, you actually searched for it, & found my blog. From there, you somehow found my contact form, erroneously thinking that the “contact” in question was Kmart… ignoring wholly my blog title, the url or the header photo featuring all of my guitars. Not even the question “How’d you find my blog?” in the contact form dissuaded you. Kudos for forging ahead, I commend you for your persistence.
Did you use your phone to do all of this? I’m guessing smartphones are leading to dumb mistakes. No one ever replies when this happens. They’re either too embarrassed to write back or insistent & argumentative. (Kmart may respond to this.)
I am rather frequently mistaken for McDonald’s. I have no idea why. I don’t think people realize that they’re searching for email addresses instead of emailing them. I have even been told that my blog’s url is printed on McDonald’s receipts. (It’s not.) Do you know the difference between a web browser and a mail client? How about the difference between a URL and an email address?
I’m guessing the woman in Georgia gave the wrong address, or perhaps the Kmart employee wrote it down wrong… I would suggest trying to actually email email@example.com, although I have Cc’ed them on this email in hopes that they will help out. Alternatively, you can try their customer service website: http://www.kmart.com/cskmtemail/nb-100000000441003?adCell=W3
Should I write to all the people who have mistakenly contacted me and ask them for advice? They have hopefully moved on to correct their issues & seek the help that they were actually looking for. Maybe they will share their triumphs?
Mr. Holland, good luck in your quest to stop receiving emails gone awry, and hopefully I will also do well with mine. (Although, it is indeed humorous blog fodder.)
It’s absolutely nothing like rain on your wedding day,
Professional Customer Service Liaison, Esq.
World (and Lunar) Domination
Hope that clears things up.
- I’m Not Kmart (aixelsyd13.wordpress.com)
- Think of the Kmart employees this holiday shopping season. (aixelsyd13.wordpress.com)
- I AM NOT McDONALD’S (aixelsyd13.wordpress.com)
- I’m still not McDonald’s. (aixelsyd13.wordpress.com)
- OK, maybe I am McDonald’s? (aixelsyd13.wordpress.com)
- s,pןɐuopɔɯ ʇou ɯɐ ı (aixelsyd13.wordpress.com)
- I assure you, I am not McDonald’s. (aixelsyd13.wordpress.com)
- McConsistency is Key. (aixelsyd13.wordpress.com)
- Mac Frosty & Reuben Tug (aixelsyd13.wordpress.com)
- My guest post on Ya Jagoff!!! | Who Designed The Fast Food Drive Thru? (aixelsyd13.wordpress.com)
- Seriously; I’m not McDonald’s, but I will try to help. (aixelsyd13.wordpress.com)
- Alanis Morissette Is In Talks To Join ‘Idol’! (huffingtonpost.com)
- Who Designed The Fast Food Drive Thru? (YaJagoff.com)
- New Prepaid Debit Card Available at Kmart and Kmart.com Launches with $0 Activation Fee (stiel.org)
- Why I’m the “Ultimate Shopper” (mommyreporter.com)
- Ten Major Chains That Save You Money (savings.com)
- Sears narrows loss on cost cuts; sales decline (seattletimes.nwsource.com)
- Kmart Gift Card (gifts.cardhub.com)
- Kmart.com: *HOT* End of Summer Clearance – Up to 90% Off Patio Furniture + Free Store Pickup (hip2save.com)
- Kmart says ‘NO’ to rodeos (victoriesfortheanimals.wordpress.com)
- Kmart, Little Ceasers employees face theft charges (indeonline.com)