So, I’m gonna be a dad. It’s crazy. I’m the guy that plays in a punk band that sings songs about poop, gets his truck stuck in the mud, buys crazy guitars, and has Batman & Star Wars obsessions. I barely have my own life together, and now my wife & I are going to be responsible for another one? As crazy as it is, I think we’re ready. It’s exciting. We’ve been OK with the thought of having a kid for a while, it just never happened. We’re glad it’s finally happening. Some time in May, we should have a little boy or girl. We go on Saturday for an ultrasound to get an exact date.
Someday, someone is going to call me “Dad” and my wife “Mom”. The idea of it all is just incredible. I’m sure I’ll be blogging about it all along the way. Before I start, any fatherly or parenting advice? Please leave some below! (Not on Facebook to Twitter!)
- Meet the Alterna-Alternadad: Pennywise’s Jim Lindberg. On Babble.com. | Babble (babble.com)
- Nothing uncool about a good night’s sleep (time4sleep.co.uk)
- Lament of the Middle Aged Punk (Column) (popmatters.com)
- You Know You’re a Dad If…. | Babble (babble.com)
- The New Dad: Ways to Bond with Baby (babyzone.com)
- 31 days to loving my home: Dad’s thoughts on the heritage of thankfulness (mymenandme.wordpress.com)