The wife & daughter are under the weather so I offered to make some home made chicken-noodle soup. Not much is more of a classic and traditional comfort than chicken-noodle soup, right? Around here, the stuff like Eat ‘n Park serves is a comfort-food staple. I love those style noodles. I make soups slightly differently every time, but this seemed to come together quickly and it was very flavorful. I’d definitely do it this way again.
I posted photos to Facebook & Instagram, & thought I’d share the recipe here too. I like to have leftover soup. Here’s what I posted on social media, maybe slightly edited;
This was the cheater method, but these frozen noodles are awesome. I made A LOT of soup. Ha ha. This could easily be halved.
I started with grilling chicken tenders on the panini grill, added a pretty good amount of “rotisserie chicken” spices. Two competing name brands happened to be in the spice rack, so that’s what I used.
I sautéed some shredded carrots, half a Spanish onion, and some celery stalks in a few pats of butter on the bottom of the stock pot.
Then I added some minced garlic (yes, the stuff from a jar soaked in olive oil because I am lazy), & some fresh parsley from the garden. I didn’t measure any of it.
I also used poultry seasoning, onion powder, garlic powder, white & black pepper, salt, & a shake of cayenne.
I de-glazed a bit with some chicken stock, then added the rest… 2 boxes of chicken stock, 1 box vegetable broth, 1 box low-sodium chicken broth (because vegetable broth usually has a much higher sodium content), 1 box bone broth. I ended up with 3 different name brands… just to get the mix of slightly different liquids.
I have used chicken bullion cubes in the past to save all kinds of money and use beer in my ham soups all the time.
I brought all that to a boil.
I added 2 bags of the frozen Reames egg noodles, the grilled chicken (that I cut up while it was boiling), and brought it back to a boil, simmered for about 20 minutes as per the directions on the noodles.
This almost overflowed my stock pot, but stirring kept it from boil over. Ha ha.
I have used regular dry noodles or Amish noodles, and even home-made noodles… but the Reaves ones really do taste fantastic and require zero work. Ha ha.
I like the taste of the grilled chicken in the soup. I left it just long enough to get grill lines. I have made it from scratch, using rotisserie chicken, made my own broth from a roasted chicken… I’d put this up against any of those methods and it’s super quick.
(Not-even-remotely-a-)Pro tip… For lunch the next day, all the noodles had soaked up all the liquid. Gonna put some chicken bullion cubes in some water in the stock pot, then add the soup to re-heat. It’s honestly good as-is re-heated in a bowl in the microwave.
If you make this, or your own version, tell me what you think in the comments! What are your favorite shortcuts for making tasty chicken noodle soup?
Someday I may try to make this (probably cut in half) in the pressure cooker, if I can get over how it wronged me on chili.
Stuff you need:
- Countertop grill
- Stock pot (and a stove, too I guess.)
- Large Spoon
- (2) small packs of chicken breast tenders
- Extra Virgil Olive Oil (I keep some it in a spray bottle and use it to coat the grill)
- Rotisserie Chicken Seasoning (or your favorite Season-Salt or Mrs. Dash’s or whatever) – I don’t measure, I just shake it on.
- (3) pats of butter
- (1) cup (ish) shredded carrots
- (1) cup (ish) chopped celery
- (½) Spanish onion (I think they’re sweeter than sweet onions, but you’re cooking, so use your favorite onion.)
- (1) tsp. minced garlic (the lil’ stuff from jar, or be difficult & use fresh)
- Fresh parsley – A small unmeasured & finely chopped bit, I pulled mine from the garden.
- (2) 24 oz. bags of frozen egg noodles
- (2) 32 oz. cartons chicken stock
- (1) 32 oz. carton vegetable broth
- (1) 32 oz. carton low-sodium chicken broth
- (1) 32. oz. carton chicken bone broth
- Spices, I don’t measure any of these… I just shake it in:
- Black pepper
- White pepper
- Poultry seasoning
- Onion powder
- Garlic Powder
- You just skipped down to the recipe, didn’t you?
- I already told you how to make it up top.
- Now, you have to go back up & read it.
- Or you can click the window closed & go away.
- But then, you’ll never know, will you?
- You’ll never know how delicious and easy this is.
2 thoughts on “Easy, Quick, and Delicious – Grilled Chicken Noodle Soup 🥣”
Pingback: So, I made broccoli cheese soup for the first time. 🥦🧀🥣 | World (and Lunar) Domination
Pingback: Ham, Green Bean, n’ ‘Tater Stew :|: The Recipe | World (and Lunar) Domination