This is an incredibly easy & delicious dinner or lunch.
Well, the name’s misleading. Sometimes it’s not exactly nine cans. I’ll give you the recipe as it was given to me…
Nine Can Vegetable Soup
- 2 cans Hormel chili, any variety
- 1 can vegetable soup
- 1 can green beans
- 1 can sliced new potatoes
- 1 can mixed vegetables
- 1 can corn
- 2 cans diced tomatoes (for extra kick, use a can of tomatoes with green chiles in place of one can of diced tomatoes).
Optional: 1lb ground meat*
Dump the entire contents of every can into the crockpot – liquid and
*Brown turkey or beef and drain and add to veggies in crockpot. Heat on low all day, or on high for less than 2 hours.
Well, sometimes I do it like this…
- Hormel Chili with Beans
- Hormel Chili with No Beans
- Campbell’s Beef With Barley & Vegetables Soup
- Campbell’s Vegetable Beef Soup
- Cut Green & Wax Beans
- Diced New Potatoes
- Succotash (Corn & Lima Beans)
- Mixed Vegetables with Potatoes
- Diced Tomatoes with Basil, Garlic, & Oregano
- Petit Diced Tomatoes
I didn’t take this picture, or make this soup. This is pretty much what it looks like though. (athomewithkim.com)
Sometimes I add other stuff. I think I’ve put in Garbanzo Beans, Mexicorn, or
the diced tomatoes with jalapeño or chili peppers, and even plain old navy or black beans. Sometimes I dump some of the liquid of the cans out. I like thick soup.
I’ve used ground beef & ground turkey… both work really well. I’m sure a vegetarian version of this would be easy to make. (Hormel makes a vegetarian chili, you can get vegetarian vegetable soup from Campbell’s, & the ground tofu, seitan, or tempeh would work well… or you could just add more beans or vegetables.)
I just put it into the crock pot on low all day. Dinner’s ready when you get home!
I like to have it with homemade bread, or over biscuits like a pot pie. If you’re camping and have a mountain pie iron or if you have en electric sandwich maker that seals the edges you can add some flour to thicken it up or strain it a little to make incredible filling.
I also like the tiny saltine crackers.
A any rate, we make some & it lasts a while… as a main dish, or a side with sandwiches. It freezes & re-heats easily.
Do you make something like this?
What are some good soup recipes or easy crock-pot recipes?
Posted in Food, Recipes
Tagged 10, 10 Can Vegetable Soup, 9, 9 Can Vegetable Soup, beans, Biscuits, Black, black beans, bread, Campbell's, Campbell's Soup, can, Chickpea, chili, chili peppers, Cook, Cooking, corn, crackers, crock pot, diced, diced tomatoes, Electric, electric sandwich maker, filling, garbanzo, garbanzo beans, Green, green beans, Ground Beef, Ground Meat, ground turkey, Home, Hormel, Jalapeño, Jalapeno Peppers, Mexicorn, mixed vegetables, mountain pie, mountain pie iron, navy, navy beans, new potatoes, Nine, Nine Can Vegetable Soup, no beans, onions, pepper, peppers, petite diced, pie iron, pot pie, Recipe, sandwich maker, seitan, sliced, Slow cooker, Soup, Soups and Stews, succotash, tempeh, Ten, Ten Can Vegetable Soup, tofu, tomato, tomatoes, vegetable, vegetable soup, vegetarian, with beans
So, I made some really easy turkey noodle soup yesterday. It turned out to be pretty delicious, and I lucked out because a lot of the ingredients were on sale.
My cell phone takes absolutely terrible photos, but trust me... this was delicious.
In the morning, I popped 2 turkey breast cutlets into the crock pot, piled on top of chopped baby-cut carrots & celery. I added some a cup of water with a chicken bullion cube… and piled on some spices; Poultry Seasoning, Season All, black pepper, garlic, sage, and parsley. I should have probably added an onion, but I forgot.
8 hours later, I boiled some wide noodles in 2 cans of turkey broth, 2 cans of vegetable broth, and 2 cans of low sodium chicken broth. When the noodles were cooked, I chopped up the turkey boobs, and dumped the contents from the crock pot into the boiling pot of noodles for the soup… I added a little more water, another bullion cube, and simmered for a while.
Result? Rather effortless yet delicious soup.
I found myself wondering if the broth & noodles would have cooked well in the crock pot. Will noodles cook well without the boiling & just the saturation? Would they eventually fall apart if over-cooked?
I’ve also done something similar with a rotisserie chicken… I’ll sauté the carrots, celery, & maybe garlic & onion with some butter in the soup pot, then add chicken and/or vegetable broth, boil the noodles, & add chicken.
How do you make chicken or turkey noodle soup?
How do you make your other favorite kinds of soup?
Have any secret ingredients?
I generally put in cayenne or something else hot… but I’ve been told to cool it with the spices for a while thanks to G.E.R.D. lately. Sometimes I add beer to soups… just because I can. I dunno if it’d go well in chicken or turkey noodle though?
- Thankful for Turkey Noodle Soup! (perdueosity.com)
- Spicy Curried Turkey Noodle Soup (momdecuisine.net)
- Turkey Noodle Soup (frugalhausfrau.wordpress.com)
- Turkey Veggie & Noodle Soup (funhealthyfamily.wordpress.com)
- Cheesy Chicken (or Turkey) Noodle Casserole (frugalhausfrau.wordpress.com)
- In The Kitchen with Lady Veronica: Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe (ladyvluv1908.wordpress.com)
- Turkey Soup on the quick (cookingandmyfamily.wordpress.com)
- 4 Weeks of Crock Pot Madness!! (suzyfreakinghomemaker.wordpress.com)
- Turkey Noodle Soup & Biscuits in the Oven (mairiking.wordpress.com)
- chicken noodle soup (picsoffood.wordpress.com)
- Food Fodder: Turkey Noodle Soup (kallaydoscope.com)
- Chicken Noodle Soup (downtownlocal.me)
- Turkey Noodle Soup (cookingandmyfamily.wordpress.com)
- Turkey noodle soup (thepainterspalate.wordpress.com)
- Beef Noodle Soup.. Again! (foodlovelifeexperiment.wordpress.com)
- Chicken Noodle Soup (djcadchina.wordpress.com)
- Hearty Chicken Noodle Soup (tofuparty.wordpress.com)
- Semi-Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup (lifewithcf.wordpress.com)
- The BEST Chicken Noodle Soup (disrespectno.wordpress.com)
Posted in Food, Life
Tagged baby-cut, black pepper, broth, bullion, carrots, celery, Chicken, Cook, Cooking, Cooks, crackers, crock pot, CrockPot, delicious, easy, effortless, extra-wide, garlic, Noodle, Noodle soup, noodles, Onion, parsley, pepper, photo, pot, poultry seasoning, quick, Recipe, sage, saltine, saltines, sauté, Season All, sloces, Slow cooker, Soup, soup pot, stove top, tasty, turkey, turkey noodle soup, vegetable, Water