I need a new keyring. I haven’t ever been able to find one that meets my needs. Perhaps my expectations are too high. Perhaps there is no such thing as the perfect keyring. Perhaps I need to spend more money on one. Why is it so difficult? Does anyone else have a keyring problem?
I guess I should explain myself.
I have a lot of keys. I like to keep them all in one place. I want a keyring where I can break-off my car keys & my wife’s car keys quickly & easily. I recently bought a keyring that has a bunch of little carabiner-looking S-clips on it. Let me show you:
Besides the fact that I have entirely too many keys, this keyring set up is juts not working out. I want something that makes the vehicle keys quickly & easily removable. I don’t want them to fall off on their own. Arrow A shows one of the broken little S-clips that snags my pocket constantly. These have also broken themselves free inside my pocket… or on the way out of my pocket. I’ve dropped my house key on more than one occasion with this setup. Then again, arrow B points to a traditional keyring provided by the dealer… which has also come loose in my pocket. I spent about 20 minutes looking for my keyless entry remote the other day after it loosened itself & ended up on the floor of my truck.
Apparently, when you pull keys out of your pocket, they help turn any loosened items into projectiles. It’s just a matter if time until this happens over a storm drain or sewer grate.
There is the old-fashioned normal keyring, but I always seem to be able to only find weak ones… or ones that make it nearly impossible to just give the guys at the oil change place your truck keys and not some crazy giant bundle of chaos that might scatter my keys all over the place.
I’ve also tried those quick-release keyrings, but they eventually fail too when the spring dies. Then there’s the “lucky line” kind, but it would throw some being easily removable out the window. I’m at a loss as to what exactly the next step should be.
What do you do? Do you have keyring problems? Am I alone on this key-dropping crap? Your advice would be welcomed.
- McGizmo Clips (georgecoghill.wordpress.com)
- Keyring Clutches (quilterinmotion.net)
- Tuesday Treasure: The Traveling Sugar Skulls (lizbethsgarden.wordpress.com)
- How To Easily Build the Most Useful Keychain You’ve Ever Owned (gizmodo.com)
- Craft the Perfect Keychain This Weekend (updates.lifehacker.com)
- Keysquare Keychain and Bottle Opener (planetsnazzy.com)
- Ant Farm Keychain (bookofjoe.com)
- Looking for a keychain with an floating alien (ask.metafilter.com)
- Fund this: Keychain game controller for smartphones and tablets (reviews.cnet.com)
- Get A Free Ahsoka LEGO Keyring Minifig With A Spend Of $35 Before Shipping @chowrentoys (flyguy.net)