Heh. So, I got stuck in the mud today. I found it amusing, thought you might too. Without revealing what I do exactly or my employer, I can say I drive around a lot for a living. I pulled off of a narrow country road to make way for a larger pickup with double-wide tires towing a trailer… on to what I thought was a solid piece of land. Turns out it was soggy muddy ground, sort of like quick sand. I could feel the truck slowly tipping as soon as I pulled over. I tried to rock back & forth in 4WD to get out, but didn’t want to bang the underside of the truck off of the edge of the road. Luckily some other guys I work with were just a phone call & a few minutes away, and towed me out without incident. A local also stopped to see if I was OK, and another guy working in the area did the same & even let me use his cell phone booster to make a call where my signal was weak.
So, if you’re ever in a bind, don’t panic. People who are generally willing to help out are out there.
This is a re-post from my old MySpace blog. I used to have a ton of this W(aL)D crap. Apparently a few of you find it as amusing as I do. There are some that have been lost to the ages, but there are some good ones left here…
So, I remembered that my e-mails to & from email@example.com used to actually be about World (and Lunar) Domination. Sadly, a lot of the original stuff is lost due to a PittsburghBeat.com crash. Maybe Rippa can get me a backup from somewhere if one still exists, and I can sort through all the shit to find the meat of the posts.
- Arguing with thoughts about Pittsburgh
- W(aL)D: World (and Lunar) Domination (All point to stuff that’s not there…)
- W(aL)D: Bow to Your Future Emperor (All point to stuff that’s not there…)
- W(aL)D: Strange Self-Amusement (All point to stuff that’s not there…)
- W(aL)D: Coca~Cola®, Dr.Pepper®, Quizno’s®, & Starbucks® (All point to stuff that’s not there…)
- W(aL)D: Quiznos/Dr. Pepper/Coca~Cola/Starbucks/Chick-fil-A (All point to stuff that’s not there…)
- W(aL)D: Coca~Cola (Points to thread not there any more…)
- W(aL)D: BK / Monroeville Gub’ment (Pointing to the beat that’s not there any more)
- W(aL)D: Letters To & From Burger King
- W(aL)D: Target® & the “Express” Checkout Lane…
- W(aL)D: Target® will not be allowed on the moon!
- W(aL)D: Target® Wrote back, so I wrote another one…
- D’oh! The Beat disappeared…
- Driving in & around the Liberty Tubes (Pittsburgh, PA)
- W(aL)D: Mass Turn Signal Outages?
- W(aL)D: Turn signal responses, only Subaru & Nissan are funny…
- Tips for putting on a local show…
- Read this before you name your band…
- How To Cross The Street 101
- W(aL)D: I know you’re out there…
- W(aL)D: Ketchup Packets
- W(aL)D: Well, F you too… Sonic.
- You’re/Your & Their/There/They’re
- W(aL)D: Boston Market, WTF?
- W(aL)D: Boston Market CEO Replies to e-mails?
- W(aL)D: Thanks to Boston Market
- W(aL)D: Boston Market Regional Manager Actually Writes Back
- W(aL)D: Boston Market Sends Me Some Mail
- W(aL)D: Steak ‘n Shake vs. Eat’n Park @ Pittsburgh Mills
- W(aL)D: Steak ‘N Shake is the first to reply!
- W(aL)D: Eat’n Park sends me some mail!
- W(aL)D: I finally write back to Steak ‘N Shake…
- W(aL)D: Someone else at Steak ‘N Shake writes back…
- W(aL)D: The Steak ‘N Shake Saga Continues!
- W(aL)D: Steak ‘N Shake Sends Coupons!
- Snickers Commercial
- Personal Space / Flags on Automobiles
- “Oh my, that’s an ugly dog!”
- W(aL)D: Pizza Hut.
- W(aL)D: Pizza Hut Response
- McDonald’s is gross…
- W(aL)D: McFilth at McDonald’s® & Heads-up to Heinz®!
- Wendy’s is gross now too?
- W(aL)D: “Pizza Hut, Pay Attention!
- W(aL)D: Response from Heinz!
- Bob Evans Restaurants (Deathfish)
- Yum! Brands, Inc. – KFC/Taco Bell (Deathfish)
- Michelob Amber Bock / PA Beer Laws are Dumb
- W(aL)D: “Red Tab? I won!” – 1st Letter to Faygo
- W(aL)D: “Here’s some proof” – 2nd Letter to Faygo
- W(aL)D: Faygo Writes Back!
There’s some more too, for sure…
And, the food posts always seem to be interesting to some: