This Facebook status seemed quite popular. Thought I’d blog about it, and get some more input. There are 2 points here that seem to universally annoy us… People talking loudly (or at all) on cell phones in public places, and people that talk about disgusting things when you’re trying to eat.
The original text…
So, I’m sitting at Chick-fil-A tonight, trying to enjoy some chicken nuggets and some chicken noodle soup… and some crazy Yinzer lady is about 4 booths away screaming into her cell phone, talking about infections, site-wounds, dialysis, and MRSA.
Besides it just being rude to be on your phone there in a public place…
Really? Everyone around is trying to eat. I wish I could pass gas on demand. I would have made several runs (pardon the pun) past her table.
Click the pic above to magnify the first wave of comments, and if you want check out this old post for reference: Excuse me, I’m eating.
So, what’s your take on disgusting topics during meals, public cell phone users, and the unholy intersection of the two?
- State: Cell phones caused Ga. prison disturbance (ajc.com)
- Malls track shoppers’ cell phones on Black Friday (textually.org)
- On Black Friday, shopping malls will be tracking your cell phones (intomobile.com)
- U.S. Safety Board: Ban Cellphone Use by Commercial Truckers (danielrrosen.com)
- The 411 on Cell Phone Use and Teens (everydayhealth.com)
- Study Finds Drivers Distracted Up to Half the Time (danielrrosen.com)
- How Cell Phones Work (desudjia.wordpress.com)
- Cell Phones, Cancer, and Marketing (sixestate.com)