Who is Joe anyway, and why was he sloppy? Maybe Wikipedia knows.
My daughter could eat it every day, but we just make the sauce without the peppers & onions. Also, we usually skip the Worcester sauce, but I have subbed in a bit of A1. Here’s how I would do it…
- 1 lb. Ground Beef – Browned & Drained
Then mix this all together & add it…
- ¾ Cup of (Heinz) Ketchup
- 2 Tablespoons of Butter (Butter, not “buttery spread” or oil that’s whipped to make it look like butter.)
- 2 Tablespoons Brown Sugar
- 2 Tablespoons Mustard (I use whatever we have… usually honey mustard.)
- 1 Tablespoon A1 (optional)
- Salt or season-salt to taste (optional)
This is best on the super-cheap hamburger buns… not those awesome homemade deli roll kind. It really does taste like Manwich & it’s all stuff you probably have on hand. It’s an easy crowd-pleaser, and its a double-whammy if you pair it with Mac n’ Cheese or ‘Tater Tots.
Try my meatball sub if you get a sale on ground beef. Why are you still reading? Go make this!