Heh. So, I got stuck in the mud today. I found it amusing, thought you might too. Without revealing what I do exactly or my employer, I can say I drive around a lot for a living. I pulled off of a narrow country road to make way for a larger pickup with double-wide tires towing a trailer… on to what I thought was a solid piece of land. Turns out it was soggy muddy ground, sort of like quick sand. I could feel the truck slowly tipping as soon as I pulled over. I tried to rock back & forth in 4WD to get out, but didn’t want to bang the underside of the truck off of the edge of the road. Luckily some other guys I work with were just a phone call & a few minutes away, and towed me out without incident. A local also stopped to see if I was OK, and another guy working in the area did the same & even let me use his cell phone booster to make a call where my signal was weak.
So, if you’re ever in a bind, don’t panic. People who are generally willing to help out are out there.
- App Idea: Tow Truck Finder (czarto.com)
- Road Worrier: What happens when you’re towed away (newsobserver.com)
- Car stuck? Pink wrecker to the rescue (minbcnews.com)
- A Huge Endeavour: Toyota Tundra Towing Space Shuttle Last Leg to Science Center (wot.motortrend.com)
- Tow Truck Driver Shot, Reigniting Debate on Towing Ordinance (wreg.com)