I don’t have a theme. I don’t generally draw cartoons or pictures with my mazes. Can just plain mazes be a thing, like adult coloring books? There are a ton of neat maze creators that I follow on Instagram or Twitter or wherever. Mine are probably the most boring. Someone used to solve them by blacking in everything from the dead ends back to an open end, leaving only the “good” path open. That seems like it would be relaxing.
I did some more.
Hit the links below the embedded Instagram post if you’re interested in downloading them to try your hand at completing them.
What are you waiting for?
Repost on social media and tag me @AiXeLsyD13, or email it to email@example.com!
So, every once in a while, these gadgets pop up on Facebook guitar discussion groups. You get a lot of people poking fun, you get some support. I had to break it all down. It’s easy to hate, but some of these may ignite a spark and only be training wheels. Some of these may enable people with physical or mental disabilities to play some music. Who should be denied artistic creativity?
Check out all the stats I could find & compile on the Chord Buddy, E-Z Chord, Ez-Fret, & WESOLO Guitar Learning System.
Check out all the details, embedded below:
Or, check out the full sheet here. I have websites, prices, lists of chords, and even videos where I could find them.
There is a wide variety of options. If you can fill in any of the blanks, that would be killer. If you know of any other similar systems, I could certainly add them.
♪♫♬ 🎸 ♪♫♬
On a personal blogging note or two; I need to update my guitar wish list (and the older list). The wife got me a BOHO for my birthday! I have been drawing more mazes. I may have more time to blog coming up. I should post some of the mazes. Someone named Hope recently posted a solution to an old maze in the comments! That makes me super happy. I’m glad someone enjoys them!
I know I have been bad at blogging. Life got crazy busy as it does. I do hope to blog more, not sure if many people read it… but it is fun. Hopefully if you feel the need, you can keep up with me on Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter.
Heh. Tweeted the other night during some shenanigans in GetGo.
Heh. They both responded.
I also got a DM from GetGo, but no real response yet after I provided my advantage card number. I’m not looking for any freebies, but those poor employees clearly had their hands full.
Sheetz wins the humor in social media award. I do wish there was one here in Bridgeville near I-79.
I am glad that there’s competition here. Let’s just keep Wawa out.
The song “Degenerated” from the movie Airheads is one of my all-time favorites. If you’re a fan of the movie, you no-doubt know the song. And if you’re a music nerd in general, you probably know that it’s a Reagan Youth cover. I would love to know more about the song. I have collected most of the “who,” but I would love to know the “why.”
Check out the two songs and then we’ll get into why I have so many questions & what they are.
- The song was originally written by Paul Bakija (Paul Cripple) & Dave Rubinstein (Dave Insurgent) of Reagan Youth.
- Fictional band The Lone Rangers, comprised of Chester “Chazz Darby” Ogilvie (Brendan Fraser), Rex (Steve Buscemi), & Pip (Adam Sandler) play the song in the movie.
- Jay Yuenger and Sean Yseult of White Zombie fame played on the recording of the song, with Brendan Fraser on vocals. (Seriously, that bass part so damn awesome, & the guitar solo is blistering. Sean & Jay both really rocked it.)
- Yuenger & Bryan Carlstrom produced the track. Bryan produced & engineered stuff by White Zombie, Alice in Chains, Anthrax, The Offspring, Social Distortion, & more.
- Carter Burwell is credited for the music in the film. The movie was written by Rich Wilkes & directed by Michael Lehmann.
Here’s what I want to know;
- Who decided to use the song? The director, the music guy, the writer, the musicians?
- Why that song? The running joke about Chazz writing the song for his girlfriend or before he met her makes it even funnier because I wouldn’t remotely call it a love song. Did someone just really like the song? Was licensing cheap all around? Did they ask Paul Cripple for permission? What does he think of the song? Did Dave Insurgent ever get to hear it?
- Why metal up a punk rock song? They seemed like an 80’s holdover kind of band. Was it a statement on Grunge being a punk n’ metal hybrid?
- Why are there different chord changes? The chord progression is different, but the melody (and I use the term loosely) is the same. The cover may be tuned below standard if I remember correctly? Someone more musically versed may be able to explain the difference I just know when playing by ear on guitar they’re totally different progressions.
- Why the lyric change? ( I assume to keep the movie rated PG-13?) Most notably a removal of the F-word and references to constipation (Lone Rangers Lyrics/Reagan Youth Lyrics). Who made the changes?
- Who played drums? Jay, Sean, Bryan, or were there other uncredited musicians?
I’m sure I have more questions that I haven’t thought of here. Does anyone out there know the explanation?
It is 2017. I may have to reach out via Facebook , Twitter, or email to all of the players involved to see if I can get an answer. (If they even remember.)
Sadly, Dave Insurgent passed away in 1993 & Bryan Carlstrom passed away in 2013.
I just really dig both versions of the song, the movie, and that it led me to checking out more Reagan Youth. Is it weird to be a fan of a song by a fictional band? Hey, I dig “Three Small Words” too, and that was produced by Babyface.
Do you like either version of this song? Do you have a song by a fictional band that you really dig? Do you know any of the relevant information here? Let me know in the comments!
So, Axl is everywhere in the rock media world again and 15 year old me reads every stupid article like those it’s those goofy gossip columns in Rip or Metal Edge that used to be one sentence stories with bold rock star names jammed into one long nonsensical paragraph. I’m actually excited to maybe try & see whatever version of Guns N’ Roses eventually ends up in Pittsburgh (if it makes it that long).
I even made a parody news article with my last post that fell super flat with no reads or comments. Oh well, my bad.
I know I broke the one rule of blogging by never having regular steady content any more, but work with me here. I want some interaction. Maybe no one cares. I guess we’ll see.
Let’s start some Axl Rose rumors. Use the hashtag #AxlRumors on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, or newer cooler social media platforms that I am wholly unaware of but still use hashtags.
You can post the url to your rumor(s) here in the comments, and we’ll see if it gets beyond this little corner of the internet, and if anyone finds their way back here.
⚠ Go! ⚠
(Don’t forget the #AxlRumors hashtag!)