Recently for lunch, I had a reconstituted-onion & cheese sandwich from McDonald’s with a little bit of beef on it. It was extra special because it was pressed. It was not like a panini press with grill lines, but more like someone sat on it. There were also pickles stacked on top of each other, sticking out of the side. Very artful & creative!
This wasn’t even from the West Liberty location.
I recently had a friend send one of his friends’ McTale-of-woe to me, because I have apparently become some sort of authority on all things wrong with McDonald’s customer service.
The reason I told of my recent adventure in lunch, is that it fits with the tale as told by someone who wishes to remain nameless, blameless, & shameless:
From: Pattyless Sandwich
Date: Wed, Sep 28, 2011 at 9:29 AM
Subject: The Day McDonald’s Shit All Over My Good Time
To: The Hamburglar
On Sept. 27, 2011 I went through the drive thru at McDonald’s on Mt. Lebanon Blvd. in Castle Shannon, PA. I ordered a number 4 (two cheeseburgers), and I asked for no onion. When I got back to my friends house and we started eating I noticed that the sandwich looked really thin but I just figured it was smashed down a little more THAN NECESSARY so I bit in anyway. As I was chewing, I realized something wasn’t right about what was being smashed around in my mouth. I set my sandwich down and removed the top part of the bun to see the following: slice of cheese on the bottom half of the bun, pickles, ketchup, and mustard. Yes, that is correct, there was no meat on the sandwich. Luckily I had another sandwich, that in fact had the patty, to eat, but they put onions on it. The only thing I asked them to void. Now I understand work is work and if you have a job to live then that is fantastic, but to be the person to put the burgers together at McDonald’s, I feel like you go through a training day to be shown how to assemble them. Bottom bun, slice of cheese (I’m guessing it is on the bottom so the burger melts it, let’s not get crazy this shit isn’t cooked together), HAMBURGER PATTY, and then your condiments. Who put mine together and thought “hm….this looks right. Nothing is missing, I am a brilliant fucking burger maker extraordinaire.”? It’s not a hamburger from a hamburger joint if there is no meat. To quote a smart fast food chain (rhymes with Shmendy’s), “Where’s the beef!?”
And, there’s even a Facebook photo:
Ridiculous. At least this didn’t come through my contact form from someone thinking I was McDonald’s.
Friends, I seriously wish I could write to the McGiant on your behalf, but all of my insane yet legitimate complaints have fallen on deaf ears, blind eyes, or typical McCustomer-Service employees.
- McDonald’s condom was schoolgirl ‘prank’ (news.theage.com.au)
- I AM NOT McDONALD’S (aixelsyd13.wordpress.com)
- OK, maybe I am McDonald’s? (aixelsyd13.wordpress.com)
- McDonald’s Monopoly Is Back! (professoradman.com)
- The Best McDonald’s in Kuwait (buzfairy.com)
- McDonald’s Monopoly Game and the Prisoner’s Dilemma (hottubcrimemachine.com)
- Girl chews on condom found at McDonald’s (news.theage.com.au)
- Have KFC And McDonald’s Really Started Putting Their Logos On Condoms??! (queerty.com)
- s,pןɐuopɔɯ ʇou ɯɐ ı (aixelsyd13.wordpress.com)
- The Erin Andrews Diet: McDonald’s, Chick-fil-a, Arby’s, And Chipotle (businessinsider.com)
- I’m still not McDonald’s. (aixelsyd13.wordpress.com)