I’m not an architect, or a contractor, or even a toilet salesman… but I think I’ve found a flaw in a certain type of hotel room / bathroom setup. I’m no germaphobe, but I believe this design to be quite unsanitary.
What design? The sink outside of the bathroom design.
Sure, it’s convenient to shave or brush your teeth while someone else is pooping or showering… But at what cost do we purchase this convenience? The cost of a bazillion tiny germs all over the inside of the door handle after you wipe and before you wash your hands. Sure, you can grab an extra wad of toilet paper for your journey outside. How many people do that though? How much microscopic fecal matter is already on that door handle? Did the maid think to wipe it down? What if you forget after you get out of the shower? You just washed yourself, and now your hand may venture into a feculent festival of filth.
Am I doing something wrong here? Am I missing something? Let’s get this right so I don’t have to touch poop-encrusted (albeit microbial poop) door handles.
- Employees Must Wash Hands (blurtblog.net)
- Wash Your Hands Frequently. Also, don’t forget to breathe. (aixelsyd13.wodpress.com)
- I hate public bathrooms. (aixelsyd13.wordpress.com)
- Bathroom Attendants. (aixelsyd13.wordpress.com)
- A Guide For Hygienic Handles For Doors (prweb.com)
- Travel Guide Check in, then check out these helpful hotel tips (theinsider.retailmenot.com)
- The Hotel Workplace, Top 20 (formerly 10) Gripe List (themarlincompany.com)
- How To Poo At Work, A Helpful Guide For Going to The Toilet at Work (laughingsquid.com)
- What is that smell? (dogssharksandsarcasticism.com)
- I want to dip my kid in Purell (bangordailynews.com)
- Why Women’s Workspaces Have More Germs & Where You Should Be Cleaning (apartmenttherapy.com)
- We Mean Clean – Our Kelowna Hotel Has a Secret Weapon (bestwesternkelownahotel.com)