Food allergy parents & patients… Brace yourself, then watch this:
Dey Pharma (Mylan) must have handed full control over to their ad company, & not approved (or even watched) the commercial. That’s the only scenario I can possibly accept. They certainly could not have come up with this… could they?
They didn’t notice that it contradicts their own patient information not to mention common sense?
If they did run it knowingly, I’m going to talk to my doctor about switching brands to TwinJect unless they issue some sort of retraction or apology.
It is wholly irresponsible to convey the EpiPen as a fail safe live-saving device allowing you to disregard caution and eat foods with unknown ingredients. To clear it up for the non-educated (and Dey Pharma/Mylan):
- Epinephrine does not work every time.
- Epinephrine buys you time until the ambulance can arrive or until you can get to hospital for proper medical treatment.
- Epinephrine is not a “cure” for knowingly eating your allergen or cross contamination.
The worst part is it’s already difficult enough to convey the severity of food allergies to people who aren’t afflicted… and to impress the very rules above in addition to why you can’t “just try a little” or how scary cross contamination can be.
This commercial is ignorant, and it spreads ignorance.
Get informed here:
- New EpiPen Ad is Dangerous for Food Allergy Families (alwayssick.com)
- So irritated about EpiPen commercial..have you seen it? (peanutallergy.com)
- Important Information RE: EpiPen®/Dey Pharma/Mylan (causes.com)
- Is it loaded? – Food Allergy Cartoon (http://foodallergyfun.blogspot.com)
Let Dey know (& let Mylan know) how upset you are!
Thanks for reading, now pass it on! Share, tweet, post to Facebook, pin, tumblr, press, blog, +1, and do whatever you do!
- People with allergies are freaks. (aixelsyd13.wordpress.com)
- My Food Allergy Responses Graph (aixelsyd13.wordpress.com)
- Dr. James Logan: Food Allergy Mad Sceintist (aixelsyd13.wordpress.com)
- Pharmaceutical group Mylan is to create 500 jobs in Dublin and Galway (jobmarketmonitor.com)
- Food Allergy Fun | Actual Responses – Food Allergy Fun Graph (aixelsyd13.wordpress.com)
- Epi-Pen Accident (itchylittleworld.wordpress.com)
- Food Allergies and Intolerances by foodyfaheema (foodyfaheema1.wordpress.com)
- This is why we need epi-pens in schools! (aixelsyd13.wordpress.com)
- Pfizer, Sanofi agree to settle EpiPen suit (seattlepi.com)
- Anaphylaxis, what is it and what to do about it (sea2skyservices.com)
- Mylan, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette settle lawsuits (sfgate.com)
- Food Allergies (slideshare.net)
- Doctors Seeing More Adults Developing Allergies (pittsburgh.cbslocal.com)
- How to Manage and Enjoy Living with Allergies (Guest Post) (itchylittleworld.wordpress.com)
- Food Allergies: Sorting out Truth From Fiction (jailmedicine.com)
- Common Allergies in Children (healthadel.com)
- The #FoodAllergyMomArmy (aixelsyd13.wordpress.com)
- Ask the Experts: What’s Being Done To Combat Rising Allergy Rates in Kids? (treehugger.com)
- More People Need Training in Lifesaving Epinephrine Use, Advocates Say (news.health.com)
- All CPS Schools to Have Epinephrine Pens (myfoxchicago.com)